We went to Porto Bay Falesia because we had been to Porto Bay Eden Mar in Madeira last year and loved it. This hotel was 1st class too. We were b&b as we like to try local restaurants but we did take 3 meals in the hotel main restaurant (very good value), 2 bbq's and 2 meals in the a la carte as well as a couple of lunches in the pool bar and the food was excellent in all of them but the a la carte especially was wonderfully presented and as good as a high end restaurant whilst being reasonably priced, the setting overlooking the sea and cliffs added to the experience. Our favourite local traditional restaurant was Calherios (down a side street off the main road from Albuferia) which we visited 3 times and for lunch S Martino for Pizza or salad or Café Crème which is great value. It was our 1st visit to the Algarve and in all honesty, though it has beautiful beaches we probably wont go again as it much more for those who like to sun bathe for most of the day and isn't perhaps as interesting as Madeira where we loved Funchal old town and museum and churches etc. We did hire a car for a few days though and visited, Silves, Lagos, Alte and the mountains and the General Manager. who was very knowledgeable and genuinely interested and helpful gave us lots of tips of where to go. Back to the hotel though, it was a beautiful setting, lovely beach just the right size village, great food, definitely first class staff (especially in the bar where we always started and finished our evening and Il basilica), very well run and led by 'hands on' management. The entertainment was a little bit cheesy but okay and probably what most people want and I would definitely recommend Porto Bay as a group of hotels, the loyalty scheme (10% off everything if you have used them just once previously) is excellent and makes you feel valued and more likely to use hotel services (check your bill on checkout though as ours wasn't on and we had to remind them - no problem). If you plan on a holiday in the Algarve you cannot do better than this hotel I think, just the right balance between luxury and relaxed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal