My daughter and I stayed at the Porto Bay Falesia for five days in June. We had previously stayed at the Porto Bay Eden Mar in Madeira. The Falesia was everything we expected it to be. Check in was fast and efficient. Throughout our stay all the receptionists were courteous and happy to help. A special mention must go to Tania who was always eager to help and always with a beautiful smile.
Our room was not quite ready as we were a little early so we sat by the pool bar. I had the “Cocktail of the day”. This would become a recurring theme throughout our stay. I never found I cocktail I didn’t like.
We had a sea view room on the second floor with a view of the sea, pool and the colourful cliffs overlooking the beach. In the bathroom there are white towelling robes and plenty of white towels. There are also a couple of beige beach towels for use by the pool. We weree also provided with a small linen pool bag which is quite handy. Beach towels can be exchanged at Reception.
A small army of cleaners and housekeeping staff kept the hotel immaculate. They were, without exception, always cheery, saying hello or good morning when we passed in the corridors.
We had originally only booked bed and breakfast. The breakfast was buffet style and there was a great choice with everything you could possibly want to eat and drink and all of a high quality. We were so impressed we paid for the three day package to eat Dinner at the buffet restaurant. The food here was lovely and an excellent variety, with a different theme each night, i.e. Italian, Portugese and Brazilian on the nights we were there.
There is an outdoor pool and a paddling pool plus an indoor pool in the spa. There are lots of sun loungers and parasol around the pool and in the well-kept gardens.
As others have said there are a lot of steps down to the beach but they are shallow and wide so not that bad, at least not going down. Coming up was a different story and it didn’t seem to get any better as the week wore on. It was still worth it and we went down the beach for a stroll every afternoon.
During the day we ate at the Pool Bar a number of times and again there was a good choice and the staff were always very helpful. A special mention here to Rodrigo who is an asset to the hotel. We found the prices cheaper here than at some places outside and much tastier. All the staff at the hotel work extremely hard and are all helpful and polite.
We did go into the village for a drink one night but to be honest the bars outside weren’t up to much and were more expensive than the hotel. We therefore spent most nights having a drink in the hotel in beautiful surroundings. My daughter has since booked to go back in September with her boyfriend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal