Stayed for a couple of nights at the end of a week's holiday on the Algarve. Should probably start by saying we normally rent a villa with pool for our holidays, so this is not our normal thing. But my wife and I have stayed in plenty of good quality hotels while on business trips, so we know what to expect.
First of all the staff were all excellent. Friendly, helpful and courteous. The hotel grounds were good, not the main entrance but the other side overlooking the sea. Swimming pool was a good size, the kids loved it and it wasn't too cold either. Nice access to the beach following the signs, although we preferred the wooden staircase found about 200m to the left of the hotel entrance.
Food was good, breakfast was an extensive buffet that we sat outside, bit of a wait unless you're down there early. We didn't want the evening buffet so had the Italian a la carte in the wee place by the swimming pool - very good and ideal for the kids.
Only downside was our room. We had booked a junior suite as there are four of us, we effectively had two interconnecting rooms. One normal and one quite large, main problem with the larger one being it's built in the corner of the building and so was very lacking in windows and daylight, nor didn't have a balcony. Both rooms were decorated and furnished etc to the expected standard, but the lack of windows made it somewhat dark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal