On arrival we were met by friendly, helpful reception staff. Our first impressions of the hotel were excellent - very clean, well maintained grounds and lobby,seemed like a good choice so far. We paid for side sea view, which gave nice views of hotel grounds, neighbouring hotel and sea in the distance. Very pleased with the room, bathroom had recently been updated and decor modern for hotel abroad. Rooms cleaned daily, with the maids often adding a personal touch. Hotel has fantastic viewpoints, overlooking cliffs and Falesia beach, which is directly accessible from the hotel via 130 steps!! - not nearly as bad as it sounds. Good clean beach, and great for long walks.
Pool area and gardens are very well looked after and there are plenty of sunloungers either by the pools, or in the gardens. Pools good size and clean, but quite cold! Tennis courts in good condition and other games available for those who are feeling energetic!
Pool bar was expensive for food, but we found several good quality / reasonable cafes / bars within a few hundred metres of the hotel. We stayed on a B&B basis, breakfast was excellent, there was something for everyone.
Hotel located in quiet location between 2 main resorts , Albufeira and Villamoura, therefore, perfect for those who are wanting to explore. We hired a car and would highly recommend a visit to the old town of Albufeira - approx 15 minute drive from the hotel. Bus service also available. Also, plenty of eating options in nearby towns Oura and Santa Eulalia.
Overall, we really enjoyed everything about this hotel and would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing break in this area. We would definitely return here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal