“Got what we paid for!!!”
Review of Tennis Apartments

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albufeira
Tennis Apartments
Ranked #114 of 130 Speciality Lodging in Albufeira
manchester
“Got what we paid for!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2007

To be honest was expecting The Swamp after reading the other review for the Tennis Apartments, maybe because we were expecting the worse it seemed better when we got there. The apartment itself was basic but liveable. It was close to the hotel pool and right on the strip. It was hard to get to sleep at night because of the music but really that was the only problem. The apartment itself was cleaned every day and we could use the hotel facilities without any bother.
Must admit that when some of our family came a few days after us they were put in a really horrible apartment which they asked to moved from streight away. (room 401 if you are going) but with no messing about they were moved (room 410 is a really nice room to ask for). On the whole cannot complain as we only paid about £15.00 a night for the apartment. If i had paid alot to stay there then this review would not be as good. Really close to the beech and night life and if i can get it for the same price will go back next year.

• Liked — close to beech and shops
  • Disliked — noise from night clubs
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Couples
Solo
Business
Warrington, England
Reviewed 15 March 2007

My wife and I made a reservation to stay at the Tennis Apartments on a late deal, self catering 14 night break. We arrived on 15 February 2007. The apartment was not ready for occupation and we had to wait almost three hours before we could move in. We had booked a one bedroom with a kitchen dinette, what we got was a three bedroom, two bathroom monstrosity with capacity to sleep up to 13 people. We were immediately struck by the damp musty smell as we entered the apartment, and hoped that one we had opened a few windows and aired the place that the smell would go. How wrong we were. We noticed that the tiled floor was wet, no doubt due to having recently been mopped ( it was still wet next morning) I checked the bed and found clean fresh linen and fluffy pillows, no worries there, we thought. My wife, who won't leave home without her hot water bottle, placed the hot water bottle in the bed, she repeated this several time before we retired for the night. I sat on the settee/divan in the lounge and noticed a slightly putrid smell and realised that the divan and cushions thereon were not just damp but soaking wet!!. I took off the cushions abd placed them near to one of the two totally inadequate electric radiators. After shopping for food, and going out for our evening meal we returned to the apartment and at teno'clock we fell into bed totally exhausted, we had been on the go since four AM that morning.I woke at seven AM soaking wet, at first I thought that I had been sweating, my pajamas were wet through, I then realised that I was chilled. I woke my wife, she too was cold and damp. We then felt the mattress, it was cold and wet, our body heat had caused the damp to rise. My wife went off to the reception in the main building, but was told that nothing could be done until ten o'clock when the manager arrived. Meanwhile we showered and tried our best to get warm
At ten we were told that the manager would not be available for at least another hour.
We were eventually offered another apartment, and were escorted by the head maid. She opened the apartment door and released the most obnoxious smell that it has ever been my displeasure to smell. The maid drew back, gagging on the stench. Needless to say we did not enter and returned to the reception. Here we were offered another apartment which my wife and the maid went to check out. I remained at the reception area. When she returned, my wife again stated her displeasure and that she wouldn't house animals in the apartment.
We were then offered accomodation in the main hotel. (Subject of another report)
Having spent one night in what can only be described as a swamp, we were both ready to call off the break and return home.
The total indifference of the receptionist left a very sour taste, and had we been less determined we would not have enjoyed the reat of our break.
We lost the self catering deal that we had carefully budgeted for, and together with hotel transfer fee and the dining out both at lunch time and in the evenings stretched our budgets and we overspent by £300.
I would not recommend the Tennis Apartments to my worst enemy. They are a dump and would be best demolished.
It was interesting to note that the major tour company's don't have the Tennis Aprtments in their brochures.

4 Thank David H

Travellers are raving about these Albufeira hotels