“lovely pub to visit”
Review of Erin's Isle

Erin's Isle
Ranked #12 of 75 Nightlife in Albufeira
Reviewed 9 September 2013

visited erins isle was a lonely pub staff wer lovely great music and just good craic i would totaly recommend a vist here we had breakfast and it was lovely great place to watch any match and the owner is a lovely man fully of chat a vv gud singer so had a great time there and dont miss out on it if ur in albufeira

1  Thank keavelj
"opening hours are"
"first night"
"great night"

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Went to watch the match and had a lovely meal with mashed potatoes (which can be very hard to find in Albufeira to satisfy children).

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Never been in an Irish bar were you can't sit at the bar and a Scotsman singin Irish tunes (although he was quite good) staff so rude even when I showed them the reviews they said don't have time for reviews won't be back hopefully they'll close before I comeback next year

3  Thank robert112
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We visited Erin's Isle for some dinner and a few drinks during our stay in Albuferia. Initially we were impressed-large open space, good music. However, we were left a little disheartened when we headed upstairs to the restaurant. We waited to be seated (as the sign says) and when the waitress came over she just pointed and barked " sit anywhere over there", not a good first impression. The staff continued to be quiet rude and dis-interested, chatting to their friends whilst customers waited to be served! The food was good- not fantastic but it was tasty. We had bacon & cabbage, steak & chips. Staff let this place down, it does have the potential to be a great place but I wouldn't go back.

3  Thank Lorr102
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 August 2013

After being in this pub a few years back I decided I would return as there was a really good atmosphere back then. I was on holiday with my mother, aunt and cousin last week and can only say we thoroughly regret giving them a cent of our money. Firstly, we went up to the restaurant to have dinner, 1 fillet steak dinner and 3 sirlion steak dinners (which were roughly €20 each). I asked for my fillet steak to be cooked ‘medium’ and the others wanted their steaks ‘well done’. My steak was cooked ‘well done’. I told the waiter that I ordered my steak medium so he took it off me and about 4 mins later he arrives back with the exact same steak, only cooked more. I said to him that I asked for ‘medium’ not ‘well done’ and he said ‘oh ok, I’ll send it back’. The steak then came out a few minutes later, but was cooked ‘rare’ and was disgusting. Obviously the chef does not have a clue. The sirloin steaks were very fatty and very tough. When we had finished our meal, the owner of the pub came over to us and asked if the meal was nice, we said oh shakey start but ok. And he said what do you mean, very cheekily and I said well my steak was overcooked then undercooked, and he asked us who served us. He insisted we tell him. We actually felt sorry the waitress and it wasn’t her fault the chef messed it up! We didn’t leave a great tip as the service and food were rubbish.
There was a Michael Jackson tribute in the bar which we were looking forward to seeing, so after dinner we went down to bar. The place was packed and there were no visible seats. So the 4 of us stood at the back of the pub trying to see if there was any free space to sit. (My mother is due to get a knee replacement and was on crutches) The show was started.
We were standing there for no more than 2 minutes when the waiter asked us if we wanted a drink, I said we are ok for now as we are going to see if we can find a seat first. He went to the bar and said something to the owner. The owner then came over, and started speaking in Portugese to us, (he clearly knew we were Irish from the restaurant as he is from Dublin himself) which we thought was odd, then he shouted in English are you not going to get a drink, my mother said well we don’t have a seat, and he shouted very sarcastically oh ok, so just stand there and watch the show so and walked off in a big huff. After spending close to €100 in the restaurant he actually had the cheek to speak to us like this. It wasn’t like we wanted to just stand and watch the show without getting a drink but that was what he was insinuating. Then he went over to the waiter and start pointing over at us, waving his arms in the air. We were all shocked and left the pub. The guys name is Dave Madden, and he obviously doesn’t care about his customers, just worried about the money. Unfortunate experience as it was the last night of our holiday in Albufeira. Plenty of nicer bars down the strip, do not go to Erin’s Isle.

8  Thank ickybicky