“Best in town”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Great food Great service. We ate there three times and it was fantastic everytime we were made to feel special

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Bailote

Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

Entered full of expectation but the service went down hill from the front porter to the waitress. Food quite expensive for what you get. Overall not impressed.

1  Thank BobD8046
Reviewed 7 August 2012

incredible service,sat up stairs which was covered in but open so if a smoker suiits. And if not,wouldn't have noticed,as there is so few that do smoke.Food was fabulous,could have gone through all menu,Originally wanted to sit down stairs and out side,but up stairs was beautiful. Staff brilliant service great as was food.and staff great with kids.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I recently had dinner at Bailote with my partner. And we certainly regretted picking this restaurant just on the basis that the room looked better than average (most menus at Albufeira restaurants look the same). Food was terrible, whether the meats or the potatoes that tasted like they had been cooked a while ago and simply reheated. And all this for prices that were like a little higher than other places we had been to and where we had had (far) better meals (like at O Alentejo).

1  Thank french7
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We as a family of six went to this restaurant when we were in the old town one night. The older waiter tried to sit us in the middle of two tables of two which would have been very close to our table so i just sort of sat where i wanted to sit and everyone followed. We ordered drinks from the waitress who was very nice but I have to say when we got the bill drinks are quite expensive 3.60 for a coke. We ordered our food all main courses only and i think it is the smallest portions I have ever had must have been about 12 chips with the chicken kebabs and there wasn't much chicken there either. The portugese steak which is my sons favourite at all restaurants on holiday was very poor I have no idea what cut of meat it was and very very chewy. I had the fillet steak at about 18 euros now I know fillet steak is never huge but the size was bad served with a few chips and coldish carrot, cauli and brocoli, Ordered two boats of pepper sauce when they arrived two boats were different size and one was stone cold and the other was just about acceptably warm. Bill came to 136.00 euro and we all wondering what we could nibble on when we got back to our apartment. Worst meal in a two week holiday where all other dinners were super so I don't think I am being overly fussy. I actually felt like giving other potential customers a look to say DON'T! come in and waste your money.

1  Thank geraldine M M