“Fresh Fish in Old Town”

Restaurante Bailote
Reserve with
Restaurante Bailote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 873 Restaurants in Albufeira
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Staff very pleasant. Menu quite diverse offering lots of fresh fish dishes. Food and wine reasonably priced. We only ordered mains, but very generous portions. Grilled sea bass served with potato gratin in bechamel sauce, sea bass good, but potatoes lukewarm and a little dry. Served with fresh veg which was tasty. Shellfish Bailote special (a type of fish soup served with wild rice) was tasty with lots of fresh fish and shellfish! Would recommend!

3  Thank Laura M

Reviewed 1 July 2014

During our holiday we live in Lagos but today we went to ZooMarine which is poor compare to another I saw before. Anyway after our "attraction" we have been very very hungry and I had prepared name of restaurant where I wished to eat there. When we arrived to Os Arcos Restaurant we got information in not nice way that they didn't serve launch ( it was about 4:oo p.m ) It is ok but for me it was more dinner time than launch :) but ma'am could be try to do it in kind way.
So we had some problem because we been hungry bur hunger is not good adviser. We make tour around place we arrived and we made decision to eat at Bailote. Everything was poor start from service, dishes and for the end coffee !!!!! If you think about this restaurant you can try but it is not worth. I asked starter where was bread and butter and olive and pate. They do not have fresh bread and offer me something from one day before butter was not home made but packed in pvc cup and same pate - terrible. When I asked for oil of olives they demand from me to order main dishes :). I did and I took Chicken piri piri. It was again poor !!!!!!! My son asked them to prepare margerita pizza and they displayed around they have pizza home made. they disappointed me again it was like pizza from fridge of grocery shop :). My wife ordered fish soup which was like goulash not fish soup and Mussels in Algarve style and it is bad news for them because it was again bad. I am so sorry because I love to eat good meal but here it is not possible. Around you can find a lot of restaurant and it is not easy to make decision where you can eat good dish but try to get any connect to internet and pay money for transfer roaming and check in Trip advisor before you sit in wrong restaurant. Yesterday I had chance to eat in one of best restaurant I ate before in Lagos Restaurant Dos Artistas ( much much much more expensive ) but 100 times better and service perfect. If you have special occasion go there and try their quality It was delicious !!!!!! and service take you to new world where you are Lord and everyone take care of you. if you want be sure there will be table for you probably it could be good to make reservation I speak about Dos Artistas :)
NO NO NO for Bailote poor poor poor dinner.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

When in Albuferira give yourself a treat and either have coffee and cake midmorning out on the sidewalk cafe or dinner at night in their nicely appointed dinning room, we had both. The sevice top knoch, the food excellent and great atmoshere and the waiters are well trained and very friendly without being all over you.
I had roast lamb which was some of the best I have had, my wife and daughter had a fish stew and my son-in-law had a steak, all done to perfection.
We certainly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Daniel D
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The food was tasty, and good value for money. It's not on the main square but still a nice street to sit on. We sat outside to begin with but the weather got a bit cold, so we moved indoors. The inside had nice decor and friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Kate M
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Superb food served by wonderful staff in great surroundings, what can I say that others who have been here previously haven't already said, well worth a visit excellent staff

1  Thank Northerner1955