The staff really go out of their way to make Christmas and New Year "special". We again participated in the Charity Swim on Christmas Day, which had to be in the pool due to the poor weather and dangerous sea conditions, but everyone entered into the spirit of things and had a great time. Boxing Day was fantastic, by contrast, and we spent the day round the pool which is heated and sheltered. We had to return to UK on New Year's Eve unfortunately and would love to have stayed on for the festivities, with another Charity Swim, this time in the sea.
I have just read Yoxen's review and wonder why they booked into a hotel without participating in the New Year festivities. The all inclusive price for 2 days is half they wold have paid in the UK and includes wine with meals. The pool and the beach are definitely not "no go areas". The hotel has the best position on the Algarve and of course there are steps as its built into the Cliffside and given that they have visited the area before I would have thought they already knew this before they booked. The balconies are all furnished with 2 chairs and table and there is room for 2 to sit and take in the fabulous views, especially the sunsets. The toaster broke down the day before we left and was replaced by the much slower one, and as it was the holiday season it would not have been easy to get it repaired or replaced at short notice. There are plate warming areas round the buffet and we have never experienced cold plates, nor repetitive breakfasts. The hotel caters for every breakfast preference. We have stayed here several times in recent years and absolutely love it. Reception staff are wonderful and go out of their way to help and make every stay perfect. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you want to relax in the sun, take leisurely strolls on the beach or are looking for something more active, the Holiday Inn Algarve, formerly known as Hotel Garbe, is the perfect choice. Commanding a prime beachfront position with stunning panoramic views over the bay of the Algarvean village of Armaçao de Pera, the hotel lies within strolling distance of shops, restaurants and entertainment. The holiday Inn Algarve is one of the best located Armaçao de Pera accommodations. It is also an excellent base from which to explore the Algarve, with regular bus services to nearby towns and villages. From almost every angle guests enjoy breathtaking ocean views of the sparkling Atlantic. Direct access from the hotel leads straight on to the magnificent sandy beach, one of the longest in the Algarve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Holiday Inn Algarve - Armacao de Pera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Algarve Hotel
- Garbe Hotel Armação De Pera
- Holiday Inn Algarve - Armacao De Pera Portugal