Quinta das Figueirinhas
Vila Gale Nautico(Armacao de Pera)
US$111
US$107
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Algarve - Armacao de Pera(Armacao de Pera)(Great Value!)
US$90
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Hotel Apartment Algar(Armacao de Pera)(Great Value!)
US$50
  • Beachfront
Rosamar 1 Aparthotel(Armacao de Pera)(Great Value!)
US$53
  • Beachfront
Vila Senhora da Rocha(Armacao de Pera)
US$59
US$669
US$430
Travelocity
US$365
US$317
Hotels.com
Aparthotel Rosamar II(Armacao de Pera)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthese apartmentssun loungersminute walkportuguese familiesminibus servicepillows providedfresh cakesda rochasnack barbig supermarketsheets and towelsgood sizeon site restaurantloo rollgreat apartmentsgreat holidaycleaned daily
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Positive:
Very quiet and comfortable place. If you will rent a car you can visit: Algarve from Faro to St. Vincent, Lisbon and Sevilla. Nice and lirge apartments. Not five star, but very good value for money. TIPS.: Travel trough the mountain visiting the small willages. There are unic palces to take pics.

Negative:
Reception staffs were not professional ( Meny clients had to wait a few minutes while they are chating with each other. Giving information about the attractions were poor). However the waiter was really polite and professional.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ferencreview
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We booked almost the cheapest holiday we could find, and weren't sure what to expect, but ended up having a wonderful, relaxing holiday. The resort is quiet, despite there being lots of people there - being term-time there were very few children and it was mostly couples, some young but mainly older.

The flats are spacious, simply furnished and very clean. We were right next to the pool, separated by a hedge, so we went swimming at least once a day. The water is cold so you have to keep moving, but even in late Sep/early Oct the sun was hot so we could dry easily. The pool wasn't crowded at all, mainly due to the water temperature I think, and there are plenty of sunloungers available.

We didn't bother going into Armacao de Pera more than once - there isn't much there and we were more interested in exploring the coast and further inland - I would recommend hiring a car for at least some of the time (we had one for three days out of the seven) and found we managed to get to lots more places than by relying on the bus services. The village itself is called Senhora da Rocha and it has a couple of lovely beaches (great for swimming) and a picturesque whitewashed chapel stuck out on a promontory (hence the name). We didn't really bother with nightlife either (other than visiting Albufeira once just for the experience - it's ghastly - full of tourist tat and restaurants that cater for the masses) but I think some of the local bars would be nice enough (the bar on site has strip lights and no atmosphere). Also useful to know is that there's a large supermarket and a grocer-type shop about 5 mins walk away - be warned though that food etc is very expensive especially at the moment with the pound being so weak.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fi_McT
Reviewed 24 September 2009

these apartments are a very good size and well equiped, the pool is a good size but is very cold, there are loads of sunbeds scattered around. The only down side is we didn't rate the restuarant and bar area they couldn't seem to get the easest of orders correct . the shop very rarely opened. but we just used the free bus into town so no problem. overall great value apartments that we would go back to.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank chezy
Reviewed 10 July 2009

Stayed at the Quinta Das Figuerinhas Apartments from 1st to 8th July 2009.
Check-in was simple. The apartments were spotless, very spacious and fully equipped. They consisted of a bedroom with 2 single beds, a large living area with a pull out sofa bed and a small but adequate kitchen with a fridge,microwave, coffee-maker,kettle and 2 electric hot-plates. A large balcony with table and chairs completed the apartment.
There was ample parking available and also a small shop to buy essentials and a bar/restaurant. The swimming pool was excellent and the gardens well maintained.
I would recommend a car if staying here as it is a good walk to the beach and nearest shops and restaurants. We found several excellent restaurants in the area and can strongly recommend 'O Grelhador'[on the road leading to the apartments] , Vila De Italia [watch for the sign on the same road] and if you fancy a superb steak then drive to the town of Gale '''about 5km away and go to the 'Casa da Carne'.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank JOHN D
Reviewed 24 June 2009

I've just returned from my second stay at Quinta das Figueirinhas. Last year my husband and I spent a week there in June & this year my mum and I have just been for a week. I also recommended Quinta das Figueirinhas to a friend who was there the week before me this year and also loved it!

I really cannot recommend this complex highly enough. Both times I have been we have been able to check in early (about 9am) when we've arrived rather than waiting until the set 4pm check-in. The apartments are a really good size for European self catering and absolutely spotless. The kitchen facilities are more than adequate and each apartment has its own sun umbrella and sun lounger matresses which you take to any of the plenty sun loungers around the pool or grounds if you want to use them. Each apartment has a balcony or terrace. The only downside to the apartments is no aircon, a fan is provided which was adequate most of the time to use over night in the bedroom. We only had one night where it was difficult to sleep because of the heat and the temperatures were in the high 30s while we were there.

The location is lovely - it is away from the main town (Armacao de pera) but this is walkable in about 40 minutes, a 4-5Euro taxi ride away or weekdays the complex provides a free mini-bus several times a day into the town. Armacao has a long sandy beach, plenty of restaurants and a few tourist shops/supermarkets.

Nearer the complex is a small beach (about 15 minute walk away) which is normally very quiet with its own snack bar and hiring of pedaloes etc. However, we spent 6 of the 7 days lounging by the hotel pool soaking up the sun.

There is a big supermarket open until 9pm each night about a 10 minute wals from the complex, we stocked up on bread/meat/cheeses here to have for lunch each day. The complex does have a small supermarket where we got our bottled water from (1.5 Euro for 5 litres) and ice creams etc but there's more choice at the big one.

Theres also a bar/restaurant that does lunchtime snacks & evening meals. They were also offering a 10% discount on your first meal there. There are a few restaurants around the area - a grill bar on the way to the supermarket called O'Greladhors (or something like that) which I could recommend. The tourist menu here is very reasonable & their meat kebabs were the best I saw on holiday. There is also an Italian by the small beach which was lovely with live music being played, but a little more expensive.

We ate in town most nights and particularly liked a restaurant called Porters, it was recommended to us by a family who ate there several times on their holiday and we ate there 4 out of the 7 nights. It is run by James, the service is brilliant and the food amazing - I'd never eaten steak before in my life but had the steak-on-the-stone 3 times!!!

There are then fantastic ice-cream parlours to go and choose from fantastic flavours while you stroll back up the town to the taxi rank where a taxi is 4-5 euros home again.

The town in being refurbished, last year it was a road through the town and they are currently making the whole town pedestrianised - although it is work in progress it looks like it is going to be great when finished and i will go back next year to check it out!

I would suggest pre-booking a transfer from the airport, i did this last year but thought i'd just get a taxi this year and it was 70 euros one-way! We booked an online transfer for the return airport run while we were there for 42 euro private transfer but i think it was cheaper to get a coach transfer.

I booked the holiday seperately using easyjet flights and booking the hotel via holidaycitysuperstore website - this is cheaper than booking direct with the hotel. It works out a reasonable holiday with flights, 7 nights accommodation & pre-booked transfers costing between £300-400 for 2 people.

I will DEFINITELY return to Quinta das figuerinhas and recommend it to anyone who's idea of a good holiday is a week of sunning by the pool/on the beach & a lovely meal out each evening.

If you want to contact me about this complex I'd be happy to answer anything as I think it's a real find!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple