We have literally just got home from a wonderful week at Vale d'Oliveiras Quinta Resort. What a fantastic resort! From the moment you drive through the entrance there is a very 'regal' feel to the place, the gardens, the layout etc - but the real "wow" moment is saved for when you walk into your accommodation through the well-manicured entrance lined with orange trees (we had a 2-bedroom townhouse). Houses were beautifully done out, very spacious with modern decor. Kitchen was adequately equipped for a family of 4-6 (2 double bedrooms plus double sofa bed) to easily cater for themselves. The surrounding gardens were beautifully maintained too.
Passing through the beautiful reception area you access the superb Olive Tree Restaurant and Olive Bar (who do a fantastically delicious and reasonably priced Club Sandwich!).
Pool area is amazing, although the pool was understandably cold at this fine of year, though this didn't deter the kids at all!! Plenty on offer from the hard working kids club, although we were out and about a lot so didn't use it enough to comment more.
A special mention to Nuno & Daniel on reception who were attentive, informative and a credit to the resort. I know it's a small observation but Nuno greeted us every day using our names, which in a full resort is no easy task, but a most welcome gesture. Great job!
We had booked a hire car on arrival at Faro Airport which is a MUST for the area as it is quite remote - but nowhere near as difficult to find as some reviewers state.
For us, Praia Marinha was easily the highlight of the area - absolute gem of a secluded beach just a 10 minute drive away. Slide & Splash Aqua Park is barely 5 minutes away and is great for both the kids and the 'big' kids! All in all plenty of things to see and do for all tastes.
We were there 9th-16th April, had great weather and won't hesitate to book again for next year.
A great, great place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are on a family break, golf trip or incentive travel, our goal is always to surpass your expectations! Vale d'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa is an elegant 5-star hotel and resort with 22 rooms, 2 suites and 80 townhouses. With an exceptional location, only 5 minutes from Carvoeiro and Ferragudo and close to some of the finest beaches and golf courses, Vale d'Oliveiras is a unique place to relax and discover the best of the Algarve! All rooms and townhouses are fully equipped with the highest quality fixtures and fittings and are designed to provide all the comfort you may need, whether you are on a leisure or business trip. The Monchique hills and Gramacho golf courses are the backdrop to this magnificent landscape. In addition, the resort has an abundance of stunning gardens carefully framed by the surrounding landscape. The traditional local architecture with Moorish influences provides a calm and tranquil environment. The hotel has a typical but striking interior courtyard complemented by Moorish arches and tiles designed by local artists. The low density construction integrates you fully into the landscape, making our townhouses the ideal choice for families with children or for long-term holidays. All have a typical Algarve chimney. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vale d'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale d`Oliveiras Quinta Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale d`Oliveiras Quinta Resort And Spa
- Vale D'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve