My partner and I spent a week at Vale de Lapa and were blown away by the sheer size of the apartment. We'd paid for a deluxe suite and were amazed to discover it was absolutely massive! Huge sitting and dining area, great kitchen with top of the range Bosch appliances, downstairs toilet...then our bedroom, with kingsize bed, ensuite bathroom with shower, bath and bidet, plus second bedroom, with twin beds, ensuite with shower.
The apartment was cleaned every day, although when when we arrived on day one, the cleaners were still in...and it was after 4pm!!! Luckily we didn't mind, but if you had kids or elderly grandparents to worry about, you might not be so pleased!
It's a good half hour walk to the village/beach, but we didn't mind too much.
The only let down was the spa, which we'd been looking forward to using.
The first attempt to use it was around 6pm on a Monday night. Door was locked and the place was in darkness. Asked at reception and the friendly receptionist looked bemused and came down and opened the door while revealing she didn't know where the lights were! In we went, and were fairly disappointed to find the steam room switched off and the pool in darkness! Swam in the dark and sat in the bubbling jacuzzi then left. Nobody else around so you're on your own if you drown!
The other time we wanted to go was when it was raining. We'd received a letter through the door earlier in the day saying the spa was closed due to painting and maintenance but he toddled down for a look as the pool and jacuzzi were supposedly still open. On arrival, two women glared at us, shaking their heads! One woman in particular hawked that the spa was closed, no you can't come in, no no no... I felt ridiculed!! I then asked if the pool was open, as the letter had stated and she reluctantly pointed to an opening in the sliding outside doors and said "that way". Very nice!! How rude! I'd fancied some gym action but the women indicated this was not possible, even though the gym wasn't involved in the cleaning process. Strange.
All in all, the apartment was lovely and the reception staff were very pleasant. Shame about the spa experience and the particularly rude woman!!
Also, if you want to hire a car, be VERY careful indeed. There are so many scams going on in the Algarve and we were victims of a break in. Really ruined the holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid extensive landscaped gardens and manmade ponds, this 5-star resort offers luxurious villas with free wired internet. It boasts an on-site 9-hole putting green and, outdoor pools and a Spa. All apartments are situated in 2-storey duplex villas that feature modern and stylish decor. Each unit has a large living room and a bedroom with a high ceiling and balcony. There is also a full kitchen. At Vale Da Lapa, guests can enjoy the exclusive clubhouse featuring a design restaurant and bar with outdoor terrace. Guests can sample regional flavours and carefully selected local products. Agua Hotels Vale Da Lapa also boasts a jogging trail, 2 paddle tennis courts, and a multi-use astroturf pitch. Children can have fun at the play area and children's pool. Vale Da Lapa Hotel has a private entrance to the neighbouring tennis club and several golf courses can be found in its vicinity. Caneiros and Carvoeiro beaches are less than 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vale da Lapa Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Da Lapa Resort And Spa
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & Spa Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & SPA Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve