My husband & I had 2 weeks at this hotel (returning July 24th 2014) & can't fault it. The rooms are fabulous, huge & kept spotless with maids daily (they even washed up). There are full sized washing machines, dishwashers, ovens, microwaves & fridge freezers, air conditioning, TV's, safes (free) dining tables & huge beds that were very comfortable. Everything is provided that you could need (corkscrew, bottle opener & wine glasses being our most needed items !!)
In your room you can request a free router for your laptop (but you will then have to plug in a connecting wire from your laptop to the router). My hubby took a small wireless router & plugged that into the provided router enabling us to use our tablets wirelesly in our room or on the balcony.
There are electric shutters on every window so you feel that your belongings are secure when you go out but most importantly they totally screen the morning sun ! We slept in every morning and so did all the children in the hotel !!
There is a small shop that sells most items, though as you would expect they are dearer than the local shops. A good supermarket can be found by turning left when you exit the hotel then head towards the water tower (just look & you will see this tall tubular building) once at the water tower (with tower on your right & pizza restaurant on your left) turn left & you will find 2 small supermarkets. The second one along sells 5L water for 1.55 euros (3 at hotel) & the lager is cheaper than at the large supermarket (Intermarche).
To get to the huge 'Intermarche' get reception to call you a taxi (this call will be free). The taxi fare is around 6 euros there and 9 back (they add approx 3 on because of loading & unloading your shopping) but you save the taxi fares by what you save on the shopping (A good wine is 'Fressco' identified by a little goldfish on the label & costa approx 1.9 euros. Most wines at the hotel shop cost 9 euros.
Taxis are really cheap (5 euros) to Carvoeiro town where there are plenty of restaurants (right by the beach) & shops plus a lovely beach with showers & toilets built into the rock face.
The hotel provides a curtesy minibus to and from another beach (Caneiros) which was even better & bigger. Again there are showers (1 euro coin) & toilets (free) here. There is a bar/restaurant/sunbeds on the beach & lifegaurds watch over the beach so you feel safe swimming.
We walked to one of the beaches most days (& either got the curtesy bus or a taxi back). To walk to Carvoeiro beach allow approx 30 mins & to walk to Caneiros allow about 40 mins (the hotel gave us a map to Caneiros & it took us nearly an hour the 1st time we went but by cutting through the houses next time we saved a lot of time). We enjoyed this walking because there are lovely views/breezes along the way (and felt it negated the extra calories consumed or drunk !!) but if you have trouble walking or have young children you may be wise to use the taxis.
The pools at the hotel are lovely & towels are provided for your use.
The hotel staff were great - very helpfull & always smiling.
We stayed in No 29 and our terrace & balcony got the afternoon/evening sun and had a sea view.
The grounds are maintained to a high standard and the gardens are lovely to sit in (our accomodation was right by the river/creek that runs through the property & we enjoyed looking at & listening to the frogs that inhabit it).
We didn't use the spa facilities (we were relaxed enough) but did use the heated indoor pool that had scented oils within the flooring.
The pool was very clean and the bar & restaurant was well laid out. In the daytime the bar had music on & we would have liked this also on an evening (it would have added to the atmosphere). We would also have liked this around the pool but appreciate that some people don't want music so it wasn't a problem.
There were daily activities for the children, one was learning a dance whilst in the pool (La Bomba) and there were as many adults as children joining in for this !!
All in all we had a fabulous time and plan to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid extensive landscaped gardens and manmade ponds, this 5-star resort offers luxurious villas with free wired internet. It boasts an on-site 9-hole putting green and, outdoor pools and a Spa. All apartments are situated in 2-storey duplex villas that feature modern and stylish decor. Each unit has a large living room and a bedroom with a high ceiling and balcony. There is also a full kitchen. At Vale Da Lapa, guests can enjoy the exclusive clubhouse featuring a design restaurant and bar with outdoor terrace. Guests can sample regional flavours and carefully selected local products. Agua Hotels Vale Da Lapa also boasts a jogging trail, 2 paddle tennis courts, and a multi-use astroturf pitch. Children can have fun at the play area and children's pool. Vale Da Lapa Hotel has a private entrance to the neighbouring tennis club and several golf courses can be found in its vicinity. Caneiros and Carvoeiro beaches are less than 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vale da Lapa Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & Spa Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale Da Lapa Resort And Spa
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & SPA Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve