“Miracle in Carvoeiro”
Review of Casa Luiz

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carvoeiro
Casa Luiz
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just back from a short 6-day break in Carvoeiro and stayed at Casa Luiz. What can you say that has not been said before? Excellent location, first rate accommodation, breath taking view and fantastic host! Oh but I can add something extra... I found out that Roger is also an author and written several books. One is aptly named Miracle in Carvoeiro a book you do not want to put down from start to finish. You can sit on the balcony, with a great view, read a great book and along with a glass of wine - Can you ask for more?

Room Tip: I stayed in apartment 2 with fantastic view from morning to night. Electric sun shade for when it ge...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed at Casa Luis for just over a month, in February 2014. Despite the inclement weather we had the most wonderful time, our first trip to the Algarve. We stayed in appt. 5, which was extremely comfortable and had the additional benefit of good kitchen facilities. The view from the appt. was stunning and we loved the sound of the waves in the background. Carvoeiro is well situated for exploring the Algarve and we were able to travel far and wide, with ease. Roger proved to be an excellent host and looked after our needs, including all our laundry, really well. Thank you for a truly memorable stay, Roger. Cannot wait to return! All the Best, Nigel and Angie

Room Tip: Have a good look at the Casa Luis website.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nigel S
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had the most amazing 6 weeks in Apt 10 at Casa Luis even though it was worst winter in 10 years in Portugal.However we had some marvellous days don't worry compared to what UK was going through !
Roger our host could not do enough to help and advise us even allowing my wife to buy a lovely rug & pillows for the apt ! His personal book selection ( he is an aviation man & an accomplished author) & his books well worth a read. Nothing was too much trouble,
even all our laundry was done on a regular basis.There is wifi, heating,teli, dvd player, not a lot more you could ask for really except possibly bit better weather but one must not complain.
The view is to die for and location superb for travelling and exploring the country and going in to Spain.
The walks.coastline and scenery are marvelous and eating out at lunchtime a must as a 4 course lunch including wine can be had in Ferragudo & Carvoeiro for 10 euros a head- outstanding value.
We shall return I am sure next year and explore the area further and neighbouring countries more .
Thanks again Roger for a great break - we are now back in thick of it believe me & missing all the TINTO !
VBW
Ian & Ali

Room Tip: The view is worth a thousand words, quite breathtaking .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fitzgibbon156
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed for a few days over Thanksgiving and I can't think of a more perfect way to celebrate Thanksgiving then the amazing sunset outside of our window during dinner. We stayed in the first floor studio and it was comfortable and charming with a stunning view. Then it was just a short walk down the hill into the village to a lovely beach, great restaurants or anything else you might need. Roger couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. I hope we get the opportunity to return there again someday.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cselkie
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed at Casa Luiz in June 2013 for 2 weeks and had an amazing time. My friend and I stayed in room 5 for the first week which was great value for money, clean and spacious with kitchen area, dining area and separate private bathroom with bath and shower. We enjoyed meeting all the short stay guests coming and going as our balcony was at the main entrance to rooms 1 + 2. For the 2nd week my partner came over and we both moved up to room 1. I really enjoyed staying in this room, even though it was smaller than room 5 (cheaper too!) it had its perks! The views from the bedroom and balcony were stunning due to being up a level! Lots of privacy on the balcony due to a frosted glass wall divider between the 2 balconies. The walk in shower was a great size! if you prefer taking a bath then take room 2! There was a microwave, kettle and fridge tucked away nicely in the corner which was really handy for storing our drinks and snacks. We would take a (5 mins) walk into the lovely town of carvoeiro to eat out and there is plenty of different restaurants to choose from. The beach was just on the door step (3 mins walk) and the best for me was falling to sleep to the sound of the waves crashing!! The owner Roger could not do enough to help from initially chatting to him via email when booking the holiday to going to the supermarket to by us a box of very cheap, but lovely red wine!!! Nothing seemed to be any trouble to him. I will definitely be visiting again and highly recommend this to anyone looking for something different.

Room Tip: Maybe next time I will look to take apartment no 10. We had a look around when we were there and it...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed for some nights in June 2013 (already for the 2nd time) and as the first time, it was just perfect! Superb view, less than 5 min to the beach, restaurants nearby... what could you expext more?

In the night you can hear the waves breaking... for sure, it won't have been the last time here. Be sure to make your reservation early enough!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AustriaChris
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I was so lucky to find Casa Luiz and Carvoeiro on my first trip to the Algarve. It was just like I imagined it --sitting on my private terrace looking at whitewashed houses staggering down a cliff to the sea and beach below. Casa Luiz has five units of varying size, set directly on the sea up a quiet cliffside road with a easy walk to town. My room was attractive and charming with a big comfy bed, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. Roger, the owner, was very friendly and happy to please; he even helped me to arrange transportation, printed up my train ticket, and drove me to a neighboring town to catch my train. Carvoeiro is one of the few towns in the Algarve that has permittted only traditional construction since the mid 1900's, so it still looks exactly like a traditional Portugal fishing village. It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo