“A lovely surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A lovely surprise”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were staying in Casa Maui (one of the private villa's which is amazing), in the Quinta Do Paraiso resort for 2 weeks mid September, we read reviews on various other websites advising to avoid this restaraunt, which we did until the 2nd last night of our holiday in September, the weather was turning and we didnt want to venture out with our 2 year old.

We were shocked at how good this restaraunt was, the ambience under an anicent olive tree was beatiful, our waiter was wonderful and extremely attentive, the food was delicious - I had read reviews on other sites saying it was expensive, we found it incredibly reasonable for such great food! We actually ate there the next night also it was that good - try the Lasagne, it was delicious,

Can't wait to return!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mr-Mrs-Explorer

N Ireland
“Excellent place to eat.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed in a villa near this restaurant and after eating in it on our first night we returned to it a couple of times and we also purchased a take away one evening. The service was super, the food was excellent and the atmosphere was lovely. Definitely a great place to eat if you are staying in the area.

• Visited July 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Visited twice last week whilst staying at Quinta Do Paraiso.

The restaurant is being managed by Quinta this year.

The staff are lovely, great fun and professional.

Could not fault the food or wine.

I can only say excellent and go try.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Denise7777
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great Atmosphere and Excellent Friendly Service”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We have visited this restaurant often in recent years and have always had a great meal. The management has changed, although during our last visit in May this year, we and friends celebrated my 50th Birthday there and the both the food and service was excellent, as had always previously been our experience. The new Manager and his staff were great fun, friendly, helpful, patient and professional. There is always a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Denise7777
Groningen, The Netherlands
“It was a gem, but now disgusting! Don't go here if you have any taste”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We are familiar with this restaurant, since we have visitit the resort where it is situated (Quinta do Paraiso) dozens of times.

It always used to be quite nice, not brilliant, but just nice. Especially when you've arrived after a full day of travel, it was a comfortable thought that the first night you could enjoy the pizza's, pasta's and some local specialties.

And always crowded, reason why I already booked a table before we left.

However, the restaurant was taken over by a new owner that apparently is more interested in money than in decent home cooking.

Upon arrival it became immediatly clear that there wasn't any reason for my early booking. This should have warned, but my internal alarm must have been asleep.

I've had the worst ceasars salad in all my life. I discarded de majority of the half pound! of anchovy. The remainder was more than enough to keep me thirsty till the morning. The bruscetta my wife had was something that every Italian would judge as a disgrace. Pizza's are pale and the pasta al forno I had lacked every taste, but fore some reason was bathing in water though.

Please, please, please, Management of Quinta do Paraiso, please give us back the place we used to know and were quite happy with!

• Visited August 2012