My husband and I stayed at the Tivoli in August.
The view from our room was absolutely beautiful. We spent so much time on our balcony because you couldn't find a nicer view anywhere else. It is definitely worth it to upgrade to the ocean view.
The small beach was nice, but the water was very cold. I went swimming every day, but found it a bit too cold to really enjoy my swim. Also, during high tide, it can get rough (the beach disappears and the water crashes against the rocks).
As others have noted, the beach is not entirely private. We saw a lot of locals coming around 4pm (high tide) to enjoy the rough water. If you tried to go down there at this time, it was packed!
The pool was always full of kids. Very loud. We went in once but gave up (there were just too many people).
Breakfast was average. They had a big selection, but nothing tasted too great.
Do take time to walk along the cliffs. The views are spectacular and it is a real treat to be up so high. You can go up both sides, and each side is worth a visit.
The town of Carvoeiro is one of the ugliest I have seen. It is filled with tourist shops and restaurants and not much else. Most of the restaurants seem to be run by British people. In fact, you would almost think that you were in Britain (except the weather is better). For the most part, it is packed and it is hard to walk around. We did eat at Elle and Ella - the food was wonderful. Try the mushroom appetizer - it was so good! We had tuna and onions at Oasis restaurant, and it was decent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Algarve is a recognized holiday destination, but also a privileged destination for special meetings and memorable events. In the picturesque village of Carvoeiro, on Vale Covo beach, where the blue sea draws cutouts on the imposing cliffs and the fine sands contrast with the green of the golf courses, Tivoli Carvoeiro is reborn. The high standards of quality and level of service of the Tivoli brand are portrayed in this unique space of architecture aired and open to the horizon, which proves to be the right choice for the best family holidays as well as meeting and differentiating events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tivoli Carvoeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Hotel Carvoeiro
- Tivoli Hotel Carvoeiro
- Carvoeiro Tivoli Hotel
- Hotel Tivoli Almansor
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Portugal - Algarve