My wife and I have stayed in Carvoeiro on a number of occasions over the last 30 years but always in villas. However on this occasion as our stay was less than a week we decided to stay in an hotel and we gave the Tivoli a try.
The hotel is situated overlooking the sea about a 10 minute walk west of the town centre.
We arrived early afternoon on Easter Saturday and were greeted by a very helpful and friendly member of the reception staff.
The layout of the hotel means that the reception area is on the 5th. floor (street level) and our room was on the 6th. floor (top level) overlooking the sea and pool.
The room was well appointed and a good size with a large balcony. There is a minibar in the room charging minibar prices but there is plenty room to put your own goodies. The air conditioning was a bit noisy and I think could be a distraction if left on all night.
The room was spotlessly clean if a bit dated and it was well maintained throughout our stay.
We were on a bed and breakfast basis and found that all tastes were catered for at breakfast with plenty of fruit, breads and hot dishes to choose from. The coffee was decent too.
As it was Easter weekend the hotel was busy with portugese holidaymakers and breakfast was served in a large downstairs dining area, however after the weekend it was much quieter and breakfast was served in the main dining room where you could sit out on the balcony overlooking the sea.
The area around the pool and terraces is beautifully maintained and there are plenty of sunbeds. There are also a lot of quiet terraces away from the noise of the swimming pool. The hotel has an indoor heated pool with jacuzzi and Turkish bath.
There is a small beach accessed by a set of stairs which have been washed away at the bottom. I would say it is only suitable to the brave hearted and definitely not for young children or the elderly. However Carvalho beach is only a 10 minute walk away. It has a nice bar and good public toilets.
In the evening over the weekend there was live entertainment but it was just the usual (not very good) singer with a backing CD.
We never tried dinner in the hotel because the village is a short walk away and it has an excellent selection of restaurants and bars to suit every taste and budget.
All of the staff were polite and friendly and we will certainly return for a short break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the picturesque town of Carvoeiro, where the sea has carved endless, intriguing little bays into the cliffs, stands a unique 4 star hotel in the Algarve, ideal for a beach holiday or business meetings. With a privileged location on the cliff top overlooking Vale Covo, the half-moon meeting rooms at this resort provide the ideal scenario for unforgettable congresses and banquets or great family holidays. The excellent cuisine in the great bars and restaurants at the Tivoli Carvoeiro promise to satisfy even the most demanding of palates. If blue is your favourite colour, go on an in-depth exploration of the Algarve sea with our Diving Centre. However, if green is your colour you might want to opt for one of many excellent golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Tivoli Carvoeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Hotel Carvoeiro
- Tivoli Hotel Carvoeiro
- Carvoeiro Tivoli Hotel
- Hotel Tivoli Almansor
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Portugal - Algarve