We stayed here recently for a couple of nights (July 2014). The hotel location is a bit out the way up a hill but once your up there the views are absolutely stunning!!
The hotel is sadly in need of a bit of TLC. If you like bamboo and wicker though you'll be in heaven :) ! The rooms are very dated; basic bathrooms, portable Grundig TV's, no Alarm Clocks, old curtains, carpets and furniture. On the balconies there were 2 plastic chairs and a mini table - for a hotel which such views to not have loungers or a 'proper' table was bizarre.
Most of the rooms I was told had single beds which needed to be pulled together for couples - again strange for this level of hotel.
Certainly not what I would call 4*.
We were on a B&B rate. The breakfast was busy but not mental. Choice was decent but the quality was average. There always seemed to be a big line for the omelettes - perhaps because the rest of the food was not so good.
There were a couple of pools outside which were nice (no problems getting beds) but I think for slightly older kids it could get a bit boring as apart from these and the indoor pool there wasn't much to do. Outside there's a table tennis table which seemed to be on it lasts legs, a PS3 and a portable tele with a Penguin game on it and some darts though!
Room wise if you are going I would strongly recommend paying the extra for a sea view. The views are totally stunning and the one saving grace of the hotel
Location is decent - if you walk down the hill there's a few nice restaurants.
Staff were generally efficient. Management were nice.
Probably wouldn't go back unless it got a major refurb though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Algarve is a recognized holiday destination, but also a privileged destination for special meetings and memorable events. In the picturesque village of Carvoeiro, on Vale Covo beach, where the blue sea draws cutouts on the imposing cliffs and the fine sands contrast with the green of the golf courses, Tivoli Carvoeiro is reborn. The high standards of quality and level of service of the Tivoli brand are portrayed in this unique space of architecture aired and open to the horizon, which proves to be the right choice for the best family holidays as well as meeting and differentiating events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tivoli Carvoeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Hotel Carvoeiro
- Tivoli Hotel Carvoeiro
- Carvoeiro Tivoli Hotel
- Hotel Tivoli Almansor
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Portugal - Algarve