This is a wonderful hotel, great if you want to relax and get away from it all. It's still close enough to Carvoeiro center to enjoy a good walk on the evening and some great restaurants are nearby.
The beach is marked has a dangerous zone, due to the possibility of land slides, but is gorgeous, and if you are careful and don't stay for long you can take a quick swim in the refreshing waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The cave is also gorgeous (and a bit cold).
The hotel itself is dated. there's no other way of putting it. The rooms are old - the decoration, the beds, the bathrooms... they're a disappointment that is only overcome by the beautiful setting of the seaside rooms. The breakfast was good (the minute-made waffles are amazing) but the interior of the hotel, and even some of the beachside chairs, need a complete renewal. This can be a very interesting place to spend a couple days, but you have to forget the accommodation quality - unless you're ok with an average hotel with 4 stars rates. However, the room is spotless, and so is everything else I saw.
The other thing I didn't like were the seagulls. Since I don't close the window to sleep, I was awaken by a choir of seagulls at 7 a.m, and was unable to sleep again :(. I know it's not the hotel's fault, but I think it's worth a note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the picturesque town of Carvoeiro, where the sea has carved endless, intriguing little bays into the cliffs, stands a unique 4 star hotel in the Algarve, ideal for a beach holiday or business meetings. With a privileged location on the cliff top overlooking Vale Covo, the half-moon meeting rooms at this resort provide the ideal scenario for unforgettable congresses and banquets or great family holidays. The excellent cuisine in the great bars and restaurants at the Tivoli Carvoeiro promise to satisfy even the most demanding of palates. If blue is your favourite colour, go on an in-depth exploration of the Algarve sea with our Diving Centre. However, if green is your colour you might want to opt for one of many excellent golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your Tivoli Carvoeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Hotel Carvoeiro
- Tivoli Hotel Carvoeiro
- Carvoeiro Tivoli Hotel
- Hotel Tivoli Almansor
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Portugal - Algarve