Really enjoyed this hotel and can't believe some reviewers have said food wasn't good as it was excellent !! A wide selection every night with a lot of lovely salads in varying flavours and including rice pasta and fruit !
Staff were excellent and very attentive only problem was when the restaurant was busy you could wait a while for a drink - we just popped to the bar though as it was easier :)
Very clean all around the hotel and rooms not put to date modern but bathrooms lookeD like recently re tiled and the rooms were large airy and had flat screen tv where we got addicted to CBS action channel lol x
All inclusive was worth it with drinks being very generous too and snacks throughout the day by the pool bar
Fabulous views and on hill top just 10 mins walk down to Caveiero which is a lovely bustling town with lots of small streets and shops bars and restaurants not too spoilt and enjoyed more than Albufrueria
Transfer not too long either from airport which is another plus !
All in all you cannot fault Portugal and this was no different only issues were entertainment not that great but we headed out in the evening or just chilled and went to our room for a few drinks on the balcony to admire the views and when they had a bus trip in they became very busy and felt a bit neglected after the superb attention before this so it may be busy in high season. It hope they would put more staff on ?
Bar staff were all lovely and we tipped at end if holiday was was well worth it
Would recommend definitely and may even go again :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most beautiful places in the Algarve, on a cliff top, the Hotel Baia Cristal offers a peaceful atmosphere with a fantastic sea view. Upon the beach of Vale Centeanes and 1700 m from Carvoeiro beach, this 4 star hotel has 120 rooms. With areas from 36m2 to 55m2, Hotel Baia Cristal has at your disposal 14 Suites sea view, 10 Suites garden view, 38 Rooms sea view and 58 Rooms land view, with Private bathroom, Satellite TV, Individual A/C, Minibar, Safe, Direct dial telephone, Balcony, Tea and Coffee facilities, Kitchenette (only in suites). Hotel Baia Cristal has at your disposal Restaurant Gaivota, a cosy restaurant with beautiful views to the sea. Open for breakfast and dinner with Portuguese and international cuisine; and Bar "Albatroz", a relaxing bar with live music, ideal for enjoying the sunset in the company of a delicious cocktail. The terrace serves meals and snacks throughout the day. During the Summer, there is also Barbeques, where guests can enjoy barbecues by the pool, filled with popular music and dance; and also a Pool Bar "BierGarten", where it is possible to enjoy refreshing drinks throughout the day. For Leisure, there are two outdoor Swimming pools, a kid's club, Tennis court, Giant chess board, Indoor Swimming pool, Sauna, Turkish bath, Fitness room, Massage and body treatment room, Games room (snooker, table football, ping pong and video games). For business purposes, there is Meeting room "Lagoa" with Capacity up to 80 people (8,5m x 10,85m x 2,29m). Other services: 24 Hour reception, Multilingual staff, Tour and information desk, Wireless internet, Live music, Car rental, Private parking, and a Shuttle bus to Carvoeiro. Vale de Centeanes Beach: 300m, Carvoeiro Beach: 1.7 km, Lagoa: 7.5 km, Portimao: 16 km, Faro Airport (FAO): 65 km, Lisbon Airport (LIS): 275 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Baia Cristal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Cristal Hotel
- Baia Cristal Vale Centianes
- Hotel Baia Cristal Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve