If you have paid rack rate and are expecting a four star property you will be very disappointed and definitely will not get value for money. It is not a 4 star because:
1) It is set on a fairly small plot that means everything is cramped and small - some apartments designated seating areas are even in the car parking areas - gym and childrens play area are tiny as is the swimming pool
2) The beds are terrible and you struggle to get a good nights sleep- definitely need replacing
3) Interiors of apartments are looking tired and need updating with no diswasher or any washing up liquid provided
4) Cleaning is very poor - they may come in every day, but struggle to see what they do. There were 2 squashed flies on our kitchen window and were still there 3 days later when we left plus cobwebs and hairs
5) Not sure on safety standards - we had a toaster that would not turn off and caused the toast to burn, but the smoke detector failed to go off.
The ony good points were the bar and excellent restaurant - good food and service. Probably because this has been outsouced!
In summary if you have managed to get a good deal and are expecting a 2/3 star resort you may think this is ok, but if you are expecting 4 star you will be disappointed and it is best avoided.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Pestana Palm Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Palm Gardens Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve