“Romantic Dinner”

Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My fiancé did surprise me, booked a table on the terrace with sea view, enjoyed the very clean and chic decor. Ate fish was delicious, the dessert was delicious I can not remember the name but it was typical Portuguese.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We visited this restaurant twice within a week, whilst staying in the area. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and pleasant,with excellent English.The restaurant is beautifully done out inside in a fresh and modern style with white washed walls and colourful table mats.The outside seating area at the front gives great views out over the beach and there are lovely sun shades to sit under if you do not wish to be in the full glare of the sun.We sat at the fabulous two seat table right at the front of the terrace, and on both days enjoyed a bottle of reasonably priced Billecart Salmon Champagne, together with specials of the day, to start an excellent grilled lobster, followed by a monk-fish and prawn brochette, which was tender and sweet.On the second visit I had a fabulous beef and prawn Brochette. the beef was cooked perfectly and the huge prawn draped over the top was delicious.The accompaniments were excellent potatoes scallops.For me the most amazing pudding ever was their Portuguese cake! which is a moist fig, carob and almond cake, that just tastes divine, so much so that on the first visit I had two pieces!!! and I just had to have it again the second time.This place is really excellent, true to its heritage, great staff, fresh tasty seafood. The best meal on the Algarve!!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

What do you want from your first meal in Portugal? A warm welcome and friendly service; a seat on a terrace looking out to sea; delicious Cataplana and a good local rose? O Pescador delivers on all these and sets a bench mark that others will struggle to match

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have been staying in Carvoeiro and visited this restaurant on two occasions. On the first I had "fish of the day" a very good Sea Bass and the second I had a Steak, together with starters, puddings and excellent Alentajo Wine both meals were excellent. The staff are very helpful and the service is fist class. Unfortunately the weather did not allow us to sit outside where the sea views are wonderful. I can recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Have just come back after spending two weeks in the algarve we found o pescador on the third nite and liked it so much we ate there on 4 other occasions the staff are fantastic and the food on every visit was great from the fish to the great cut of steak a must try restaurant if you are in the algarve.

1  Thank Clarke7409