“Cheap and is in a good location...”
Review of Residencial Dandy

and 1 more site!
Residencial Dandy
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Faro
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The Hotel/Hostel is in a great location, near the bus station, train station and close to the old town and bones chapel (all the tourist attractions).
We stayed for 2 nights in Faro at Residencial Dandy. We were given the room right beside the receiption desk. Cost 35 Euros per night.
The rooms are very old looking and are quiet dark due to no window, very old fashioned furniture.
We did book for a private double ensuite but received a private room with a shared bathroom, which we didn't make a fuss about. You do get a sink and mirror in your room and plenty of storage space. An old TV and air con are also included.
The whole of the hostel is pretty clean and tidy, they also serviced our room.
I found the place to be too cluttered and compact with the amount of furniture inside.
So overall i found this hotel/hostel quite average.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed at Residential Dandy for one night this August, when we arrived we were walked to another building where our room was. The room itself was very basic and dated but comfortable and perfect for our stay. The bathroom was shared between 5 rooms, so we had to wait to use it a few times but overall we were happy with what we paid for the room.
If you are looking for a luxurious stay this isn't the place to go, but if you need somewhere cheap and comfortable to rest your head then it is perfect!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This is a good, basic hotel, especially if you're only staying one or two nights. I stayed here after 20 hours in transit getting to Europe so I was just satisfied to have a bed to fall into. The rooms were fairly clean, but old. The washrooms are shared, in case that is a deal breaker for you. The TV in my room was broken. The room doors don't have very secure locks, so I wouldn't recommend leaving anything really valuable in your rooms. It's very eclectic inside, when I was being shown to my room I was led down numerous dark and narrow little hallways, and everytime we turned a corner, the decor would change. I felt like I was I'd fallen into Alice's Wonderland! Bottom line, if it were the same situation of only staying one night, I'd stay at the Dandy again. If I were staying longer, I'd find somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jenn L
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had kind of overlooked faro as a hub for travelling. Arrive on an evening flight, stay over night and get on with our back packing the next day, but we were pleasantly surprised by both Residencial Dandy and Faro. Charming, historic, atmospheric. The hotel itself had its little quirks, mazy corridors (its made from two connected traditional townhouses), and old style architecture and furniture with shared bathrooms, but it was clean, kind and great value for money. It kicked off our short visit in Faro that turned out to be a charming little town, the old section is as pretty as any town I have visited. Two thumbs up, take it as it is and it won't let you down

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Clean, reasonable sized room, comfortable bed, helpful staff (limited English spoken) and close to town cnter delights, trains and bus stations.
Rather quirky layout with narrow corridors, lots of steps, locks that can require skill to use, and a shower that pointed at a strange angle (although it was usable).
Everything worked and the staff were expecting us.
Even though we had en-suite facilities the place had much more of hostel style to it - the balcony next to our room was unusable do to washing hung out, we had a fridge and a microwave, but on a landing outside our room.
Since breakfast was not provided, the cost was not much less that a nearby 'proper' hotel which included breakfast - so a bit expensive for what we got.
The staff were very helpful in sorting out a lost property problem with the bus company! But there isn't any other service apart from checkin/out.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I arrived at 9pm and checked in without a problem. You pay upon checking in. Everything was clean, room was nicely furnished with its own TV and double bed (the bed was hard as a rock though). I paid 35 euros per night and shared a shower. Service was kind and as helpful as could be considering I did not speak the language. As a place of accomadation I was satisfied, Faro itself was not. It felt like I was in Mexico and as a single female traveller I was concerned at the beginning of my stay. Streets dont have streelamps like in Canada. The town is falling apart as is parts of Tavira which was splashed as the nicest town in the whole Algarve. My experience in southern Portugal was that it was a like a 3rd world country. I was surprised but still got the most out of my trip. Ilha Deserta is highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Booked on line and found on arrival no one knew any English, guy at reception was always grumpy, non helpfull, room allocated was right near the reception desk and had no windows, rustic look to the hotel - should be a hostel! few bathrooms on each floor as it was room only and shared bathroom - was given a double bed even though i booked a single, no help in ordering a taxi - better to pre book if leaving early - i would not want to stay here again, house keeping were moody/snappy for even asking for a clean towel, had to wait till they serviced the room before i could get a clean towel - ok for couples but not for solo travrellers

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo