“Great location”

and 1 more site!
Residencial Dandy
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Faro
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Dandy Residence was a great value for money. A vintage hotel-like room with its own bathroom, a small balcony and very, very close to the city center. There was not much going on in the hostel in terms of activities. The staff is distanced but friendly and I was very impressed by how helpful they were (I forgot my passport there and they shipped it to me the next day for their expense). Very nice people and a great place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank syeira_j

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Located in the center, close to bus station. Very interesting interior with vintage decoration.Room was clean. Staff very polite, pleasant and always tried to help. Staff speaks English and Portuguese, and even Russian and Ukrainian languages.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yuliya P
Reviewed 20 September 2012

There are so many soulless hotels, in most you could be any where in the world, they are so lacking in character. This hotel, guest house, what ever you want to call it is totally Portuguese. It has large plants growing up into the atrium, lovely old Portuguese tiles. A lot of the bad reviews, I think is to do with people expecting modern standard rooms. This guesthouse is certainly not like that but it is very clean, and lovely people, honestly so. I look forward to going back with my partner.

Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank pattyford
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The Hotel/Hostel is in a great location, near the bus station, train station and close to the old town and bones chapel (all the tourist attractions).
We stayed for 2 nights in Faro at Residencial Dandy. We were given the room right beside the receiption desk. Cost 35 Euros per night.
The rooms are very old looking and are quiet dark due to no window, very old fashioned furniture.
We did book for a private double ensuite but received a private room with a shared bathroom, which we didn't make a fuss about. You do get a sink and mirror in your room and plenty of storage space. An old TV and air con are also included.
The whole of the hostel is pretty clean and tidy, they also serviced our room.
I found the place to be too cluttered and compact with the amount of furniture inside.
So overall i found this hotel/hostel quite average.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed at Residential Dandy for one night this August, when we arrived we were walked to another building where our room was. The room itself was very basic and dated but comfortable and perfect for our stay. The bathroom was shared between 5 rooms, so we had to wait to use it a few times but overall we were happy with what we paid for the room.
If you are looking for a luxurious stay this isn't the place to go, but if you need somewhere cheap and comfortable to rest your head then it is perfect!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This is a good, basic hotel, especially if you're only staying one or two nights. I stayed here after 20 hours in transit getting to Europe so I was just satisfied to have a bed to fall into. The rooms were fairly clean, but old. The washrooms are shared, in case that is a deal breaker for you. The TV in my room was broken. The room doors don't have very secure locks, so I wouldn't recommend leaving anything really valuable in your rooms. It's very eclectic inside, when I was being shown to my room I was led down numerous dark and narrow little hallways, and everytime we turned a corner, the decor would change. I felt like I was I'd fallen into Alice's Wonderland! Bottom line, if it were the same situation of only staying one night, I'd stay at the Dandy again. If I were staying longer, I'd find somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jenn L
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had kind of overlooked faro as a hub for travelling. Arrive on an evening flight, stay over night and get on with our back packing the next day, but we were pleasantly surprised by both Residencial Dandy and Faro. Charming, historic, atmospheric. The hotel itself had its little quirks, mazy corridors (its made from two connected traditional townhouses), and old style architecture and furniture with shared bathrooms, but it was clean, kind and great value for money. It kicked off our short visit in Faro that turned out to be a charming little town, the old section is as pretty as any town I have visited. Two thumbs up, take it as it is and it won't let you down

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple