“Rooster quad tour...Loule/Algarve”

Rooster Quad Tours
Ranked #2 of 25 Outdoor Activities in Faro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Quad biking at its best. This is the real deal. Authentic, unique, and tailor made quad tours recommended for all levels of rider from novice to the more experienced. Professional, friendly and personal service. English, French, and Portuguese spoken. Bookings by appointment only.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Maldon, United Kingdom
“Rooster quad tour...Loule/Algarve”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

What can I say??...absolutely first class...this fabulous experience can be geared towards your experience...even if you are not an experienced biker or 'quadder' go for the amazing views etc. THIS IS BRILLIANT and excellent value for money. Most people who have lived in the Algarve for 20 years would not have experienced the Algarve this trip offers!!

1 Thank Neil S

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best part of my holiday!”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This trip was oraganised by a freind who I was staying with in albufara. It was a short stomp by car (approx 1/2hr) where we meet Clare who we followed back to their lovely secluded house.
After a quick health and safety breifing we were off with another couple and Mark the instructor.
Mark was more than an instructor and more of a host of the hills!
He showed us many sites not found by any road. Talking of roads you hardly hit any of them on the route we did so don't worry about hitting any traffic.
The quads were more than powerfull enough and Mark tailored the section to all abilities.
I was so chuffed we went with Rooster as most of the previous trips I have been on our sooo tame that a 5 year old would not have struggeld with them.
This (if you want it to be) can be as hardcore as you want without the hidious safety rules we have here in the UK.
10/10
Good value too. 4 hours for £90.00 (euro's.22.50 per hour)...not in th uk!!

1 Thank Paul F
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“VERY pleasantly surprised!!”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I have to say I was a little nervous when my boyfriend told me he had booked us into a half day quad biking while we were in Faro........but gee was I pleasantly suprised!! We were welcomed by Mark & Clare (& their gorgeous children) with open arms, & cold beer!. They were so accommodating - even allowing us to stay in their lovely caravan on the property for a small price. The morning of the tour, Clare cooked us up a great little brekkie with tea & provided us with plenty of background & safety information that calmed my nerves & reassured me. We then got all kitted up with good quality gear & did a few practice runs around their property. I had only ridden a small quad bike once before in Greece & these were much bigger, however I got the hang of it really quick & Mark was an excellent teacher/guide. I was amazed at his knowledge of the area & tracks & felt completely safe the entire time. Mark was obviously leading during the tour, then I was behind him & my boyfriend was at the back which enabled him to hold back at times so he could go a bit faster (although, by the end he was eating my dust!!). This truly was one of my favourite days of our trip down in southern spain & portugal!!! I wish Mark & Clare all the very best with this fantastic business & would recommend this tour to anyone looking at doing something a little bit different & off-track during their trip!

London
“One of our highlights”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Mark and Clare went above and beyond for my girlfriend and I when we did a half day tour. All of the recommended accommodation was booked for the night before out so they offered to rent there caravan to us (it was one of the best nights sleep we had in portugal) It was great to have a few beers with mark and clare the night before our tour. We woke to a very hearty bacon and egg sandwich and got going on the quads. Mark knows the terrain in the area extremely well and took us to come really cool spots (the cave was definitely a highlight). I was really impressed with the confidence my girlfriend had on the bike by the end of the tour and there was plenty of opportunity for me to hang back and push the bike a little harder, 4 hours was perfect for us and it was up there with the best thing we did through spain and portugal. If your in the area don't even think twice about doing this!

Alice Springs
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great adventure”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I happened to be the only people in the group. We had a great time with the tour tailored to my abilities but with enough excitement along the way to keep my husband happy. I was nervous at first but we practiced before we set out and the automatic quads were easy to use and my confidence grew steadily throughout the tour. We had a delicious lunch at a lovely restaurant in the area. The countryside we passed through was very varied and it was a marvellous way to explore. We will long remember our exciting day on the bikes and for me there was a great sense of achievement. Thank you Mark and Clare, we wish you every success.

Visited June 2012