Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$165
US$113
US$100
Agoda.com
US$61
Hotel Ibis Faro(Faro)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewsold townboiled eggsroom was cleandogs barkingstork nestminute walkair confit for purposetrain stationgood sizemain towncontinental buffetwithin walking distancespoke good englishcleaned every daycity breakstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Came to Faro to attend a conference and brought my two small children (2 & 4) with for a mini break. From the moment I made the reservation - the service was outstanding. All my e mails to the hotel were replied to promptly. Babysitting service was arranged prior to arrival and from the moment I met the sitter, I was put completely at ease. The hotel manager, Lisa Canada was a wealth of information and we were treated by all the staff wonderfully. My children are very active but the staff took this all in their stride. We were given countless maps of places too see (and while the area itself is very small - there is lots to do). Facilities are excellent for the price charged. Rooms are clean and well equipped. Hotel is situated perfectly for exploring the old town and there are an abundance of places to eat within walking distance. I have stayed in numerous hotels and this is definitely one I would return too (minus the kids as I think the staff will need en to recovery time!) I cannot fault the staff, facilities or location. Would highly recommend!
Review other places you've be

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Lisa C, Manager at Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such a pleasure to meet you, your children and your friends. What a wonderful bunch of people we had the honor to serve. Thank you for selecting our property and I hope we meet again. Good luck with your wonderful boys!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Handy for city ,convenient for bus and train stations.
Jumbo centre near bye with all the usual bars and restaurants just go out of the hotel and turn right and walk for 500 metres. Take the road to the rear of the hotel and you are in the city centre in 10 minutes walk.
Will stay there again.

Room Tip: 4th floor on front good
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

We enjoyed meeting you during your stay and hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for selecting our property for your stay.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Just stayed here for 4 nights. Basic room but central location, about 5 minutes walk from Faro town centre and 10 minutes from the old town and bus station. The staff were extremely helpful with suggestions for things to do in Faro and surrounding area and we were allowed in our room several hours before the check-in time too. They also suggested an excellent and very good value restaurant, Santo Antonio, very nearby to the hotel. There was air conditioning and satellite TV in the room. Very easy to get a bus to the beach and the airport about 5 minutes away from the hotel.

Room Tip: We got the most basic room through booking through Olotels, but if you book directly I think you can get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I'm always a bit wary booking hotels on line that I know nothing about, but we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived here. For the price of a camping spot, or a shared room at a hostel, you get a hotel room with all the comforts, and breakfast thrown in as well. If that's not a bargain, I don't know what is. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the marina, and lots of interesting sights. (If you're there, make sure you don't miss the Church of Bones just around the corner). The icing on the cake was there were TV channels that broadcast in English. When you're tired and just want to laze around for a day, this is a big plus. We booked for one night and ended up staying for three.

Something that impressed to us is we were offered a parking spot for our motorcycle right outside the front door where it was in view of he reception desk at all times. If you're a rider, security is important. Oh, and there's a pool table next to the small bar that sells really cheap drinks.

The staff were great, and luckily for us they spoke English. We were given recommendations of places to see and eat and they were real gems we wouldn't have found by ourselves.

It was more like staying with friends or family than staying in a hotel. We'd very happily stay here again.

Thanks guys.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon M
Lisa C, Manager at Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, our goal is to make your holiday easy and comfortable!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

The journey from the airport went through an area which was all boarded up and covered in graffiti near the hotel. I was despondent thinking I had booked a bad hotel. The hotel is basic but clean and the staff are very helpful. The tiled floors meant when the staff started at 7 we were woken by scraping furniture. The walk to the main town was about 10 mins away. There were barking dogs at the back as they live on a rooftop outside in a kennel but they didn't cause too much of a problem.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisa C, Owner at Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the surrounding area, but please be aware that our local council is working hard to clean up the city and make it pretty and quaint for our visitors. We hope to see you again in Faro,.