“Consistently excellent”

Ranked #37 of 417 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I've been to this restaurant several times now with my family and it has been consistently great. The atmosphere is lovely, particularly outside in the courtyard/garden area, the service excellent and most importantly the food is great. The portions are massive considering the quality and flavour of the food. I have previously had the loin of lamb with a cherry and grenadine sauce which was beautiful and today I had the aubergine dish which was great with a sophisticated balance of flavours. Between my family we've tried lots of dishes -- out of all of them our favourites are probably the peppered steak, the rack of lamb and the perch, but anything I've ever tried at Cachoa is delicious. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone!

There are newer reviews for Cachoa Restaurant

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to fall in love with this place and for it to be my family's new favourite haunt in the Algarve.

A couple of friends had eaten there in the past and had enjoyed it.

And much of what they do is fantastic.

The setting is great, outside eating area is fantastic (blankets for the knees are thoughtfully provided), and the people are attentive, helpful and just delightful. You sense they want you to have a good time.

Sadly, it's the food that lets them down, badly.

Too much butter, too heavy, very 1980s cooking style, and dated, dated, dated.

They have paired just about every meat and seafood dish with a fruit in terms of how it is prepared, which although probably ok (just) with one or two dishes (for the older diner), but just cannot be the basis of an entire menu in 2014.

Portion sizes are generous, and the deserts are good, but this doesn't make up for a really uninspired menu, delivered in a way that doesn't work.

It has all the hallmarks of an ability to be a great place. But new inspiration is required for a completely new menu of simpler, fresher, lighter, and more modern fare: smaller portions, and please, resist the temptation of cooking everything with either pineapple, orange, apple or mango.

1  Thank Jason_MRL
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our visit here. The seafood soup was very very nice. We sat outside and although it was a little chilly there were blankets on the back of the chairs. Nice staff and reasonably prices.

1  Thank Tonix2003
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great food and atmosphere. Staff very friendly and welcomjng. Duck is aways good and the Teriyaki chicken starter is brilliant but a plate full. Great.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Really wanted to go here having read all the recent reviews. It is a great location, and the patio is superb for dining out on a warm summers evening away from the masses. The food was a let down, my wife's Canneloni was dry and over cooked, my pork fillet was bland and with unimaginative veg - boiled cauliflower and carrots. Our friends who had fish dishes agreed with our view, sorry!

tina_algarve, Inhaber at Cachoa Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Maccers54,
we are really sorry to hear, that you didn't like our food. I remember your table well. Just one question. We always ask our clients a couple of minutes after they've started to eat if everything is ok. Why didn't you give us a chance and told us straight away that the Caneloni where to dry...(by the way you nearly finished off the plate)? Another thing: Next to the carrots and coliflour you also had broccoli, courgettes and beans on the plates.
The main problem we have is that people expecting a high class restaurant with silver plate service when they read about us in the tripadvisor...All we want is you, having a realxed evening in a cosy atmosphere with some good honest food. By the way, most of our veggies and lettuces are organic from farmers in the neighbourhood. So, one more time, we are really really sorry to hear that you couldn't enjoy your evening.