“Not even given a menu!”
Review of Pizzeria Italia

Pizzeria Italia
Ranked #139 of 393 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not even given a menu!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

So my fiancée and myself turned up and were looking forward to our feast. Upon arrival, we waited as 4-5 waiters stood around discussing. We were then asked to sit where we wanted, so we sat outside and waited. And waited. Waited more. After 10 minutes of waiting and not being seen too with a menu, we walked out. Service wasn't busy and we were left disappointed. Such a shame that we didn't even get offered the menu, never experienced that before but ended up in Portofinos, which was amazing.

1 Thank aewells

“5 stars are not enough!!!!!!! Best italian food,& I should know!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I have a successful restaurant,and am half Italian,so food,is a very big part of my life,sadly,I am rarely REALLY impressed eating out.......
I was in town at lunch time so called in for a pizza......it was fantastic!!! I love pizza,but rarely have them,as no one can make a good one!!!
I also had a superb creme brûlée,for me to say that?? I am "Chicca Queen of puddings" after all!! :) It was very,very good,so I made the effort to go back on saturday night,for dinner,with my husband,(a fantastic chef), my mother( who just cooks 24/7),and my very hard to please italian father.....brace,brace......
We had good breads,fantastic olives,and an amazing beef and beetroot carpaccio which I LOVED!!
Next we were recommended to have veal chop and t bone steak,by the owner.I was a bit dubious as I sell excellent beef in my restaurant,and have yet to have better in a restaurant,so just don't choose steak when I'm out. It was AMAZING!!We had lemon tagliolini on the side,that just made my night,to say that the pasta was outstandingly delicious is an understatement.
So,if you are anywhere,near make sure you give this place a go before anywhere!!! It is fantastic !!
Cant wait to go back.
Love Chicca xx

Visited March 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Went twice on our last visit to Lagos in September 2013 and the food was outstanding both times. I had the chicken pizza and my wife had the lasagne on both occasions ( we are creatures of habit and tend to share each other's meals) and the portions are substantial. A nice restaurant which tends to get very busy early but worth waiting for . Prices are fine and the restaurant is in a really central location. The waiters however are not the most friendly, a smile now and then would not go amiss and it would seem that regulars receive much better and friendlier service than those arriving for the first time. However this will not put us off as the food is so good and we will know what to expect from the waiting staff when we go again in September.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Russ676
Lisbon, Portugal
“How to be in Italy and Portugal the same day !!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I lived for 18 years in Lagos and I just love iatalian food.
This place is the place visit for sure.
Roco the chef and owner is a fantastic chap. He will visit you during your diner.
The pizzas (wood hoven) are by far the bests in Lagos. All selection of pasta and other dishes are excelent.
The staff is probably the best team in the all region.
Be carreful, if you try it you will return for sure.
It is usually the 1º restaurant to be full in Lagos.
Book a table !!

• Visited May 2013
Elgin, United Kingdom
“True taste of Italia”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for few years now. Why do we go every time we visit Lagos. Very helpful and attentive waiting staff who are run off their feet. Excellent food and plenty of it (too much sometimes) and a lively atmosphere being just off the upper square. My wife ordered the Lasagna whch she admitted was just too much for her while I had Tagliatelle Alfredo first visit and a veal dish second visit. This was cooked to perfection. If you want to sit on the terazza you must book or you will be in for a very long wait. prices are slightly on the more expensive side but not excessively so.

• Visited September 2013