“Right here, Right now and Just Right”
Review of Vila Gale Lagos

Vila Gale Lagos
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Lagos
Cheshire
“Right here, Right now and Just Right”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Arrived 2days ago for a weeks stay. Received an upgrade on check-in to a room on the 3rd floor (top floor) with a wonderful pool and sea view. The hotel is beautifully laid out, with manicured lawns, huge pool creatively designed with roman steps at both ends, and plenty of comfortable sun beds with parasols for the much needed shade. No need to bring pool towels, these are available from reception providing you return them each day. Our bedroom is large enough to store a set of golf clubs without them being in our way, mini bar is empty great for keeping our bottled water cold, toiletries replaced every day, and BBC News 24 & Sky News Channels available on the flat screen TV. There is even a little souvenir shop that sells, essentials, postcards etc. The children's play area and pool are amazing, it has it's own fenced off area, is immaculately kept with the same manicured lawns. The marina is a 10 minute stroll away (all on the flat), with the old town further on accessed via a pedestrian bridge. Apologies for the length of this review, but sometimes knowing the detail helps make the right decisions of where to stay, and like the title says, it's just right.

Room Tip: As the hotel is set out in a U shape, each rooms balcony will get either full morning or full aftern...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Heyesman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Had no expectations whatsoever prior my visit to the hotel with my wife and kid, but the staff warm hospitality and professionalism was top notch throughout the duration of our stay at this hotel. Well located, about 15 - 20mins walk to the town centre (Marina) and less than 5 minutes walk to the beach. The room was clean and the beddings were very comfortable. The reception staff were also very pleasant and willing to help. The Spa was amazing!!!!

Room Tip: Rent a car... its cheaper than everyday taxi fare
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Just got back from a 3 day stay at this very well located hotel. I went there with the intention of diving the "Ocean Revival" dive site. It is an artificial reef that is being built with sunk ships from the Portuguese navy and is located just in front of this hotel about 3 miles out. The dive center is called Cipreia and it is a real pleasure diving with them. From the crew to the equipment, the organization and the professionalism, it will all make you feel extremely well received and very safe as you dive with them. They are flexible, experienced and very customer oriented. Diving the ships was great although visibility wasn't at its best this week.
So, as far as my initial objective, I was very happy. But in addition to the diving, I discovered a very nice Spa with well trained therapists, an "a la carte" restaurant with delicious and well prepared dishes and a very nice and efficient staff to top it all off. So besides the diving I enjoyed these unplanned bonuses as well and returned home very relaxed and rested.
I will be returning for sure and I strongly recommend the hotel and the diving center.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Pedro P
northampton
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Have just returned from a wonderful 4 night stay at this lovely modern hotel.
We opted for a junior suite with sea view simply because it was such good value at less than £90 per night bed and breakfast. Loved the decor of the whole hotel. Our suite was beautiful very well equipped with two large balcony's over looking the pools and the beach. Staff were excellent and very helpful friendly and well informed.
We ate breakfast each morning outside which was exceptional a vast buffet offering something for absolutely everyone.
Location just outside Lagos was perfect for us with plenty of free parking.
A walk to the marina in Lagos takes between 10-15 mins depending on your walking speed. We took a taxi which the hotel booked for us a couple of times at a cost of around 6 euro to the town center.
Overall a great hotel which i have no doubt we will return to.

Room Tip: Sea view room a must in my opinion.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
wales
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay in Lagos for a "Minimoon" ... (all we could squeeze in) and we cannot wait to go back in September.
The hotel was one of the best in the whole area , and that was on a 1.5hr trip from the airport (the only downside) when we pulled up we thought wow , its stunning! And it did not let us down.
It was quite quiet in the few days we were there mainly older people as golfing is big in the area , but that meant your pick of sunbeds , although the pool was freezing and there is quite a wind off the sea , we didnt care the sun was hot in the afternoon , and the pool was needed to take the heat off! The beach is a few minutes walk directly out the hotel, beautiful clean etc and the sea blue with waves .. took me back to my childhood seaside trips.
We also walked to the marina which is perhaps a 15 minute stroll , again lovely place. relaxing walk...
Everywhere is spotless!
The staff in the hotel are friendly and approachable. Because it was our honeymoon they upgraded us to a sea view junior suite - WOW! " bath rooms a living room a big bedroom huge wardrobes... two balconies and a fantastic view!
The food , gorgeous - so much choice , you get buffet breakfast and then its an all day bar service for snacks etc which had a nice range of things to nibble on , although i craved chips in the day and you got crisps with your sandwiches. This is my only niggle , as there is no other food options until evening time i do think the day bar menu on all inclusive should be more varied and include salads , jackets , etc.
Evening meal - what can i say .. Fab , so much choice i had plates of meat each night it was so tasty!! But lotsof choice for veggies ..
The spa is beautiful - the indoor pool is gorgeous and there is a basic gym , sauna jacuzzi steam room. 11Euro a day to use the facilities PP. But free if you book treatments.
This hotel is not really for children, we have 3 girls from 3 to 12, and other than the pool they would be bored stiff. The staff said that come may when the season begins there is some entertainment. April is great if you just want a few days break for a holiday I wouldnt go in april. Most places are not even open yet. However this didnt faze us for the first time !
We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: 3rd floor , best views!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rachaeljanepr1062
Budapest
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I did well to prepare myself for the hotel before my arrival - I reviewed earlier comments on the hotel. Negative things I read were noises coming from the other room and sliding door of the bath in the room I noticed nothing while I stayed at the hotel. It's true there is a door between two rooms (I stayed in room no. 2088) but I could hear nothing. At the reception staff was really nice and helpful. There should be asked for towels to go out to the external pool of the hotel. This pool is very well equiped with chairs, sunshades, etc. There were plenty of people using the outdoor pool even in April water was fresh but not cold at all! In the SPA U are given a swim cap which is asked to be used even in the jacuzzi bath. In the indoor pool there are massage water taps which I really liked. In the room there was a safe for free of charge. The use of wifi was also free but user name and passwords were a little bit too long to type always when my phone was disconnected. At breakfast fruits and juices were so tasty that I could not finish my usual morning coffee... (OK, U can have pancakes and champagne in the morning, too:) I felt really-really healthy, relaxed and fresh while I stayed in Hotel Vila Galé! I took the distance between hotel-Lagos town in 15 min. generally. Even at night I felt in security going back alone to the Hotel. Even for big families the Hotel can be a very good choice (in the restaurant I saw (several and clean(!) chairs for small kids, there is a recreation ground for them in the garden, etc.) , After my first visit which was a business trip I plan to come back with my family too! Have a nice stay in the Vila Gale Lagos*****

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

i have booked the hotel through the net with a very good rate at Vila Gale we didnt hadgood expectations because of the good deal !! We were suprised because is a fantastic place, very clean and most important friendly staff. Its a very modern style hotel walking distance from the town with an amazing beach just opposite!! we recommend this great hotel to everybody!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the beach amazinh view
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple