“Tasty food but atmosphere flat”
Review of Jardim Restaurant

Jardim Restaurant
Ranked #209 of 417 Restaurants in Lagos
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

In fairness we arrives at restaurant Jardim at 9.30pm and they looked at us like we were from another planet. I now realise that everything shuts in Meia Praia at around 10pm but they did serve us. There wasn't much atmosphere but it was a Thursday night as well. The place is nice enough, quite quaint and I ordered the couvert to start which was bread, fish paste, olives. It was ok but the fish paste came in a small tin and I had heard other reviews on trip advisor say this. Well, at least I tried it and know what it's like. My husband had a prawn cocktail and although for half an hour we were transported back to the 80's he said it was really nice. I had a fish mixed girl which was delicious - plenty of bones but it didn't say it was fillet. My husband had portugese chicken curry which was really tasty and on the bone. He asked if it was spicy and the waitress told him that if he wanted it more spicy he could have extra piri piri sauce, he didn't realise that this meant they bought the bottle to the table for him to put his own on. We shared a bottle of good house red. For the two of us it was about €40 which was great. A few better touches would have given it a better score but we were hungry and it did the trick so no complaints but we won't go back.

There are newer reviews for Jardim Restaurant

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice on our holiday to Lagos recently and the food was excellent both times, definitely good value for money as the portion sizes were huge! Didn't mind waiting for the food as the drinks came quickly ;)

I would definitely recommend a visit if you're staying nearby.

1  Thank KaziaPriestley
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Beautiful fresh fish, cooked beautiful. The staff are very friendly. Great atmosphere. Well worth a trying.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Food ok ,no ambience fish of the day nice (grilled dourada) but other food only rated ok no deserts except ice cream so that too was disappointing

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We loved Jardim! Great food, charming ambiance, attentive service. We were able to talk with the owner and her daughter on separate occasions and found them to be very gracious. Loved hearing their stories about this family restaurant. I can't understand some of the other reviews - you're in Portugal and it's beautiful. Sit back, relax and enjoy!