“Cameral, family pension.”
Review of Dona Ana Garden

Dona Ana Garden
Ranked #13 of 71 Lagos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at the room with garden view and there was just one step from the door to the grass and sunbeds, close to the nice, small swimming pool. The room was clean and quiet. The best place for relax all the day. The location is good - 15 min walk to the old town, to the best beaches in Lagos and to Ponta de Piedade. The owner is helpfull and always smiling.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank krotasia
donanagarden, Owner at Dona Ana Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Me and my wife are in our late twenties and have stayed in dona ana many times as have all of our friends. It's perfect if you want a quiet scenic place to stay. The maids are lovely, jose and is wife are very nice people, the only person who isn't is Mario the gardener, he is quite rude but that's not a big problem.
The pool is small but heated with a large grill to sit and eat with friends and the bar next door is full of ex-pats who are all unique and interesting to talk to.
Most importantly, its a 5 minute walk to the beach and 15 minutes to town. PERFECT

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank daleattkinson29

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed at Dona Ana Garden for a week at the end of August with a friend and everything was perfect, from the moment that I made the reservation online, Jose was always there to answer my (multiple) questions about the apartment and Algarve in general so fastly and with so much kindness and generosity, even helped me to plan my trip! And when we arrived at Lagos it was super easy to find, located at a perfect spot, less than 5 minute walk to Dona Ana beach and walking distance to camilo beach and ponta de piedade too! You can also walk to Lagos town (15 minutes walk) easily. The rooms were big, clean and so cheap for the value! The outside of the property is really beautiful too, with a pool and lots of places/sunbeds to end our days :) ! I even forgot a dress in my room when I left and Jose was there to help me again, taking care personally of shipping it to me in Canada! I HIGHLY recommend this place to everybody and will definitely come back next time I visit Algarve! Thanks again Jose for all your help and for everything!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Agatien

Reviewed 11 August 2013

A super very clean little complex.Excellent location to the best beaches in Lagos. Restaurants around the corner that were superb local cuisine.
Nice clean little swimming pool.Staff so friendly that ran the very good little supermarket next door.
Very top quality apartments with every nearby. Lagos town about 15 mins away.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank coopercok

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Positives: Very good value, close walk to the best beaches in Lagos, short walk to the city center (about 12 minutes), nice market on site, friendly staff, good wi-fi and pool to use. Having a kitchenette was great, we had all of our meals, except one in our room and enjoyed the convenience of this.

Negatives: Not much privacy around the pool area (especially if your room overlooks the pool). Some of the British guests were really loud at night (up to 2am). The bed was a bit old and not the most comfortable, but we still managed to sleep well at night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pedrothelion77

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed at Dona Ana Gardens in Lagos for two weeks in the summer of last year and it was one of the best apartments I've stayed in!
The apartment itself was spacious, clean and had everything we needed.
All the rooms were large which was great as it was always very hot, and the pool was lovely.
I was with my friends at the apartment but families were also in the same block as us. The pool had plenty of room and was great to spend the day at, although the beach is a 5 minute walk down the road - the beach is beautiful and we went there most days!
The apartments were in a perfect location, a small shop is round the corner, there are restaurants close by but it's also just a 10 minute walk to the town.
In the town there is plenty of places to eat - I recommend the Italian in the middle of town especially - and plenty of bars - Bon Vivant at the top of the town was my favorite as the staff were lovely!
I can't fault the apartment or Lagos at all, I would recommend this holiday to anybody and I am already looking at when I can return again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ellen C

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for 4 nights.
We had a double room only which had lots of space and was cleaned daily. It is more of a family run guesthouse than hotel. From the outside it looks more like a set of homes. It has a a small heated swimming pool which was ideal for us in April.
It is a 3 minute walk to Dona Ana Beach which was voted one of the best in the world. Then a 10-15 minute walk to town which we think is ideal. After travelling around the Algarve we think Lagos is the best spot. It still has Portuguese living and working which gives the place a more relaxed feel.
We would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frydayuk1

Thank you for stay, it was a pleasure to serve you