“Lovely place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 66 Lagos B&B and Inns
Roscommon, Ireland
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

A small complex of apartments in a quiet location a ten minute walk to Dona Ana Beach and a leisurely 15 minute walk to the old town. First impressions were that the apartment was a little shabby but in fairness everything worked and the place was cleaned every day. The apartment we stayed in was one bedroom and it was more than adequate - a few minor repairs here and there and it would have gotten an 'excellent' mark from me. The staff were very helpful and the pool area was nice and clean albeit a tad cramped. Would recommend a stay and the price was very reasonable 2 weeks cost €720 paid at the end of the stay! (a first for me).

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeremiah_Joseph
Thank you for stay, it was a great pleasure to serve you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chapin, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was able to find Dona Ana Garden through the VRBO website. Our daughter is studying in Seville, Spain and we decided to do a family visit during her spring break. Since Portugal was so close, and we had rented a car, I couldn't resist trying to see as much as we could in a short amount of time. I had allotted about 24 hours in Portugal, and now know it would be a great place to come back and spend some more time!

We needed space for 4 adults, to include 2 college girls, and an 8 year old. I knew we would be able to reserve a hotel room, but it would be tight. I was thrilled when Jose answered my email and said he could do a one night reservation! I was a little nervous when he didn't take a credit card to reserve, but figured that if I had to, I could get some place elsewhere if it fell through, and I had nothing to lose! This had to be about the easiest check in I have ever done for any place we have stayed. They had our name in a book and didn't even ask for payment until we checked out. To top it off, we had a boat tour scheduled for the day of check out that ran after the "normal" time to leave. We were allowed to leave all of our bags in the apartment since there was nobody scheduled to check in right away. I didn't get the lady's name in the market shop, but she was so very nice and helpful!

Our apartment was a one bedroom with a twin trundle bed/sofa in living room, and as requested, they had a roll away bed waiting for us. The kitchen had everything we needed, and we purchased snacks, beer, and breakfast food at the market on sight. Our youngest was thrilled to jump in the pool for a quick swim after we checked in, and before we took a walk down to the beach.

One note - the bar/restaurant next door advertised an "English Breakfast", which we had planned on eating. Didn't read the fine print though, that they don't open until noon, so if you want your coffee and toast early, buy at the market the day before (they don't open until 9:00am) and make in the kitchen!

Room Tip: It looks like all of the apartments were in good areas. They had a free parking area, which we appr...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Laura W
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Went to Dona Ana Garden in May after booking an apartment via mail. The manager was super helpful and understanding in the booking process. The apartment was beautiful, clean and fully equipped. Daily cleaning of apartment. Gorgeous flowered green garden, fish pond, terrace and pool. The photos found online don't do justice to the beautiful place. Friendly staff, 2 min to Dona Ana beach. Felt really sorry to leave but would go again anytime. Lagos is amazing especially Dona Ana beach and Dona Ana Garden is the perfect place to stay.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Cosmin N
Reviewed 23 February 2014

stayed here with the boyfriend in august 2013 for 4 nights. lovely apartment and close to everything lovely beaches and close to the center of town with loads of restaurants and bars. i would definitely stay there again. although the bed was hard and uncomfortable i still enjoyed my stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica H
donanagarden, Owner at Dona Ana Garden, responded to this review, 18 April 2016
Thank you for stay, it was a pleasure to serve you
Oswiecim, Poland
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at the room with garden view and there was just one step from the door to the grass and sunbeds, close to the nice, small swimming pool. The room was clean and quiet. The best place for relax all the day. The location is good - 15 min walk to the old town, to the best beaches in Lagos and to Ponta de Piedade. The owner is helpfull and always smiling.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank krotasia
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Me and my wife are in our late twenties and have stayed in dona ana many times as have all of our friends. It's perfect if you want a quiet scenic place to stay. The maids are lovely, jose and is wife are very nice people, the only person who isn't is Mario the gardener, he is quite rude but that's not a big problem.
The pool is small but heated with a large grill to sit and eat with friends and the bar next door is full of ex-pats who are all unique and interesting to talk to.
Most importantly, its a 5 minute walk to the beach and 15 minutes to town. PERFECT

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank daleattkinson29
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed at Dona Ana Garden for a week at the end of August with a friend and everything was perfect, from the moment that I made the reservation online, Jose was always there to answer my (multiple) questions about the apartment and Algarve in general so fastly and with so much kindness and generosity, even helped me to plan my trip! And when we arrived at Lagos it was super easy to find, located at a perfect spot, less than 5 minute walk to Dona Ana beach and walking distance to camilo beach and ponta de piedade too! You can also walk to Lagos town (15 minutes walk) easily. The rooms were big, clean and so cheap for the value! The outside of the property is really beautiful too, with a pool and lots of places/sunbeds to end our days :) ! I even forgot a dress in my room when I left and Jose was there to help me again, taking care personally of shipping it to me in Canada! I HIGHLY recommend this place to everybody and will definitely come back next time I visit Algarve! Thanks again Jose for all your help and for everything!

• Stayed August 2013