“Great week”

Algarve Surf Hostel - Lagos
Ranked #3 of 139 Speciality Lodging in Lagos
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I spent a great week with my girl. Dexter, Sophie and Sarah are very friendly and so efficient. There's an amazing atmosphere, you always feel at home. Magnificent people, relax but also parties! If you wanna surf is the Place to go, but also if you wanna have a good time in Lagos.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I loved this place! The staff, breakfast, BBQs...everything was great! If you go to Lagos and stay here you will not be disappointed. I recommend that you take their surf lessons as well! It was a lot of fun. I'm kinda picky when it comes to hostels/hotels so it was a relief to see that the rooms were very clean and good taken care of and the bathrooms were fresh. The nightlife is also very good here! You should go to mellow loco, I always had fun there. But best of all is the staff. They are so kind and helpful and always making sure you are having fun! I'm going back in two weeks, can't wait until I'm there :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The surf hostel was my favourite week of my 2 month long Euro trip- the staff were amazing and made us feel like part of the family right away. The breakfast was huge and they give you to-go bags for making sandwiches for lunch too! I'd DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone. The surfing was amazing as well! I'd go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I spent three nights at this place and it has to be one of the best hostel! The team (Sophie, Dex and Sarah) are incredible and accommodating. You properly wont find a hostel which will provide you with homemade Morning Lunch and dinner / BBQ (Sophie is an awesome cook!)... The rooms are clean and they have an awesome pool. Thanks again guys for the awesome few days!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Levileelevi
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Incredibly friendly and welcoming, we arrived to a hungover house from celebrations the night before but I have never seen such happy hungover people before. We were made to feel welcome and settled! Everyone at the hostel is very chilled and happy to help! Our room was a great size and was very clean. The kitchen was perfect for preparing meals, the breakfast spread is 5star! The pool is perfect to cure all hangovers, all in all Algrave Surf Hostel is the best place we have stayed! Thanks so much guys, enjoy the rest of your summer!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I only spent two nights at this hostel but absolutely loved it. The staff (Dexter, Sarah and Sophie) are three of the nicest, most chilled-out people you will ever meet. From arrival I was made to feel welcome, with Dexter offering to take myself and others from the hostel out for dinner and drinks! On the second night Sarah took a group of us for a night out on the town. She showed us the best places to party and helped us all have an awesome night. To top it off Sarah was up early the next morning cooking up a delicious breakfast for the hostel to enjoy. By the end of my trip I felt like part of the 'family' and can't wait to head back there again :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very relaxed hostel, it's if you are home! I really liked they had a swimming pool, really nice for a cooling down. The food is really really great, the reviews here don't lie about it. Especially the cakes and cookies are good. Fine location, not 'wow'. Only thing: they were not so loyal to silence in the hostel; whole hostel is open, so you have to make good appointments when it's quiet. Anyway, feels really as home, great food and really recommend a room with bathroom ensuite, 'cause that's very chill :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo