“Overpriced”

Cloud 9 Hostel
Ranked #33 of 137 Speciality Lodging in Lagos
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Only stayed here one night as it was hard to get accommodation being the busiest time of year the staff were very friendly and the rooms are fine except there was no a/c beds were ok and it was relatively clean. Definitely a good hostel overall just a bit pricey

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My friend and I only stayed one night in Lagos, and we're glad we picked Cloud 9!

The staff is very helpful and energetic, full of great restaurant, beach and tour recommendations. A nightly pub crawl is a lot of fun and a great way to meet other travellers in the hostel. The rooms and bathrooms are clean - the best feature is the rain shower! The hostel rents out towels and sells water, which is convenient for a trip to the beach.

Only concerns: breakfast is not included (although there are a couple of cafes nearby that serve good ones for cheap) and wifi was spotty in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This month my best friend and I stayed at Cloud 9 in Lagos. We had not previous organised anywhere to stay and were recommended Cloud 9 by a friend. The owner was more then delighted to have us and even assist us with a few room moves to keep us in the same hostel. The hostel was continuously being cleaned and was like our home from the word go. Close to the main area where you want to be for bars and clubs i think i even rolled home a few nights after being out and food everywhere. Beaches are a short walk, one is very close around five minutes and the other main amazing top rated beach in the world is around 15 minute walk. The rooftop terrace looks out onto the ocean and was wonderful to be up on having pre drinks before Skye's pub crawls which we attended every night. Shout out to Skye who was magnificent at her job and who is one of those people who is loved by all!!!!! BEST pub crawls i have been on ever! Kitchen had everything we needed, fridge etc. Plenty of bathrooms and i think only one or two rooms don't have their own bathrooms. Towels for hire only 1 euro as well as water and beer to purchase.
Overall it was the best hostel i have ever been too and it made our Largos experience the best part of our trip so far. Shout outs to Tiago and Skye for looking out for us every day and night and always having fun !!!!! Cloud 9 will always be in our hearts, we will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Granada, Spain
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I came to Lagos with absolutely no plan, blowing in like the wind. With a little bit of help from a local waiter, I was given directions to Cloud 9 Hostel. I'd planned to visit a few hostels before I finally made my choice but when I walked in and met with Tiago, I was immediately sold. He made me feel right at home and took care of everything for me. The rooms were very clean, stylish and comfortable. In fact, I didn't feel like I was far from home in the least bit. Tiago wouldn’t let me leave my room without a good laugh or plan or activity to embark upon. He always had a smile on his face and took pleasure in clearing any doubts or directing me to the place that would be perfect for my professional/vacation goals and growth as a writer. There was never a minute that he didn't go out of his way to make sure I wasn't lost or well prepared. He is very knowledgeable, always making sure that every guest is warmly greeted and welcomed, and is always working on something, whether it be the hostel website, payments or deposit returns, guiding tourists, calling locals for extra help, or setting up travelers' adventures, etc. He seems to be constantly on top of things, as well as the other employees, who always left everything sweet-smelling and spotless. In only a week Lagos became a second home for me and as soon as I return I won't hesitate to reserve a room at Cloud 9. I highly recommend it as it is very homey and has everything you need (a huge kitchen with all utensils, computers and a lounge area), and a spectacular terrace which embraces magnificent views of Lago's tiled roofs, a whitewashed historic center, the oldest church in the Algarve, and a dreamy, mirror-like sea. Thank you, everyone at Cloud 9, and I'll see you soon! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Spain
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Tiago is this dude that has created and transformed one of the most amazing hostels! A true lagos local that knows absolutely everything to know about lagos and is available 24hours a day, say whaaaaat!
I recommend staying here its not as hectic as most of the trashy hostels in Lagos and promises so many good time!
Way too much value for money!

What are you doing man? Just book it!
Anytime, all the time I'm on cloud 9 !

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Fozzy-j
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We traveled to Lagos without booking a room in advance. Luckily, it was the low season so we got a room to ourselves. Nice clean hostel, great kitchen and balcony. Some reviews say bad things about the bathrooms, but trust me, they are fantastic. They have just been replaced and are brand new. Free sangria fridays during the high season (June-Aug). The only bad thing I can say about this hostel is that the street outside can get kind of loud at nights, especially on the weekend. I am a VERY light sleeper, but it was manageable with ear plugs. We couldn't find the A/C, but then again, it was not the warm in May, and so we did not look very hard.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed at Cloud 9 when travelling through Europe with a few friends.

The rooms were clean and the team at Cloud 9 were very friendly and welcoming.

Cloud 9 is within walking distance of great bars, restaurants and of course the beach.

Would recommend to stay there especially if you are working with the budget

Room Tip: If there are 3 of you travelling pay for an extra bed and you can have your own room and bathroom. N...