“My 1st Surf Holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 132 Speciality Lodging in Lagos
Kilkenny
“My 1st Surf Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here last week (end of May '14), I had a great time. The girls in the house/hostel are great, Suzanne, Alisha & Toni so helpful and always happy. The surf instructors are great especially Benny, so much fun.
I stayed in the ten bed mixed dorm, very comfortable. Food was great, dinners in the house amazing (great chef), the BBQ night was bril lots of sangria/punch. The nights out to fab restaurants were fantastic too. Thanks everyone.
The surf was great, I'm never gonna be a pro surfer but had a lot of fun.

Would recommend this place to everyone. Best to go in small groups or on your on so you can really get involved in everything.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Shannon, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent a week in Jah Shaka with my sister and friend and we had such a good time we are heading back in August!! The whole holiday exceeded our expectations. We were hoping for a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and that's exactly what we got!

Accommodation was lovely, spacious, and comfortable. The only negative was a very stiff door with no lock. The surf lessons were great, very informative on technique and about understanding the waves and surf in general. They just made us really want to practice and get better!! The guys were really nice and helpful and there were some serious choons in the van on the way to/from the beach!! ;-)

The villa is close to a really nice little village and a short taxi ride from Lagos where some fun is to be had. To top it all off this holiday was really good value for money. I totally would recommend this holiday and actually already have to all my buddies back home!

If you are looking for an active holiday with a laid-back, friendly, backpacker feel this is for you!! The villa was fab, the surf lessons were gnarly, and the nights out were great craic!! Everyone was so friendly and the beer in the evening was well-deserved after the day working hard on the beach! Also a great option if holidaying alone because everyone is so friendly :-D

Room Tip: We had the triple room and I was really spacious with a lovely balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I loved staying at the Jah Shaka villa, from the first time I walked in I felt super welcome! The whole staff is amazing, everyone is so friendly. The food is delicious! The location is perfect close enough to Lagos to go out if you want, but secluded enough to relax with two beaches close by. I made some awesome friends here. Even after extending my stay from one to two weeks it's not long enough. Lots of fun activities, or you can hang by the pool. Now I can say I've learned to surf :) I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked 7 nights with Jah Shaka Surf to do surfing lessons during the day and chillout in between. I stayed in a tepee which was cool. I couldn't have asked for more; great people and chilled out atmosphere with lots to keep the days and nights fun!
The lodge has everything including beer and food and fuzball tables so no need to leave if you don't want to, although the town in only a 10min walk or 2min cycle.
Good waves each day and lots of fun going to the beach especially if you are lucky enough to be get a seat in Benny's van which guarantees a friendly chat and plenty of sing-alongs!
Could've stayed another week easily but then I may not have left at all!

Ciaran

Room Tip: Tepees are great
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Had a blast in jahshaka even if I just stayed for 4 day. Originally planned on only staying for 2 but made great friends, food was awesome, the villa was perfect and needed to stay longer! The place is always clean despite the amount of people you'll be with and there was always enough breakfast for everyone. The surf instructors were great and I learned a lot from them. Got up on the first day!! Going back in 2 weeks for a surf camp and can't get enough of jahshaka!

• Stayed May 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I would go here over and over again. The Algarve is beautiful, the lodge is great and epic sandwiches with biscuits for lunch....no words to describe how epic the sandwiches and biscuits are. But most importantly, I have to share how great the crew is from Jah Shaka. They really look after you and the are simply a great group of people. Go and experience the place for yourself :)

Salzburg, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I joined the Jaka Surf Camp for the Roxy Girls week and had a blast! Although its been a girls week there have been plenty of other people/groups as well, so it never got too "girlish". I was very positively surprised by the whole location, the beautiful coast, the very nice staff and the absolutely AMAZING food! Im a real foodlover therefore I was simply fascinated by the quality of dishes we received. From a big variety in breakfast to healthy beach lunch to highclass dinner menue! Although we've been quite unlucky with the weather the coaches did an outrageous job by motivating us and helped us enjoy our stay to the fullest by doing sightseeing or driving us along the coast to show us around when we were too tired or cold for another surf session. Everybody was very openminded, flexible and great fun ! We never felt like tourists but friends being on a trip together living in a big beach house. This week certainly sold Portugal to me and I will definitively come back!!
when you are there you should definitively do a SUP session along the coast! this is simply astonishing and Luca (the guide) knows all the caves and secret beaches. All in all I felt that everybody at Jaka really enjoys being there so expect to have a very relaxed and fun time with new friends!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagos
Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel
Sagres Time Apartamentos
Pousada de Sagres, Infante
Memmo Baleeira Hotel
Salema Beach Village
Salema Beach Village
#1 of 3 in Salema
Casa Fajara Rustic Boutique House & Hotel

Been to Jah Shaka Surf and Kite Lodge? Share your experiences!