“Beautiful place, beautiful people”

Jah Shaka Surf and Kite Lodge
Ranked #14 of 132 Speciality Lodging in Lagos
“Beautiful place, beautiful people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

An absolutely amazing place, thanks to all the Jah Shaka team for their generous hospitality, the most incredible food and making the Tee-Pees so gorgeous. Massive thanks to the surf instructors (mainly Seb and Benny) for their time and patience and putting up with my squeals of delight when I finally managed to 'catch some waves' (not sure you could really call it that). The party bus was a personal highlight to the week - thanks for being the best/scariest driver Benny! Created so many crazy memories, I will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our stay at Jah Shaka totally exceeded any expectations... everyone was really friendly, we made friends (family!) on the first day. All the staff were amazing, Alicia, Suzanne, Nat and Toni were great, our tipi was really cool, definitely recommend staying in one. Surf was brill and surf instructors (Seb, Rhys, Benny) made it really good fun and very encouraging. Totally addicted and would 100% go again!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've done many surf trips all over the world and can honestly say Jah Shaka is really nice place to stay, surf (big thank you to a great surf instructor Jan), do yoga, go party and meet new friends all over the world. Jah Shaka team does an amazing job by taking care of every guest individually. I would definitely recommend this place! Surf's up!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ekaterina H
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Absolutely brilliant place. I organised a surf trip here for my universities annual abroad trip. The staff were amazing, the surf lessons really helpful and the food was stupendous. Would definitely visit again

Luz, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We are nearing the end of our Surf Week at the amazing Jah Shaka Surf Lodge. The accommodation is 5 Star & the Jah Shaka staff make this villa feel like a home from home! The package provided was exceptional & the breakfast, lunch & dinner was lush.
The Villa is super clean & the staff were very attentive & very happy people! A big shout out to Suzanne, Alecia, Nat & of course Toni for making the villa awesome & for making such good lunches that I am sad to go! The Dutch masterchef also made amazing food everyday!
So how was the surfing? The surf was immense & Jan’s wise words got me standing on countless waves & helped me achieve my aim of surfing a green wave! I have been on a few surf camps but the teaching by Jan was exceptional & he was always watching then providing further advice on how to get better!
Seb & Benny also taught us & they were awesome & had loads of enthusiasm to teach!
When collecting your wetsuits aim for Benny’s famous Playboy party bus that is parked outside Benny’s Villa! Benny plays the most awesome tunes & gets you super pumped up for a whole day of surfing!!
Ps. We can’t forget Sam Essex boy turned epic surfer + ‘if I am not surfing I am on the red sofa ‘ or partying the night away – Thanks for all the surf tips & look forward to hanging out again in 6 weeks!
Thanks again for an awesome week! See you guys in 6 weeks & I promise to be a lean mean Asian surfer fighting machine!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
NataliePoppy, Public Relations Manager at Jah Shaka Surf and Kite Lodge, responded to this review, 27 November 2014
Hey Navin,

Many thanks for your review! After 3 visits you are now officially part of the Jah Shaka family and it's a pleasure to host you each time :)

Looking forward to seeing you again in 2015.

Thanks again!

Nat
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had the best time at the Jah Shaka Camp. The dorms in the villa are on a really high level and its also very clean even if its fully booked. I met a lot of cool new people and the surf instructors helped me to improve my surfing skills. Also there are planned events in the evening like going out in Lagos or having a great dinner together! Thanks again and i can fully recommend the camp! Would go there once again most definetly!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank nobbsen
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I spent two amazing weeks at Jah Shaka surf camp. This was the first time I was surfing and I must say the instructors made it very easy for me. Theoretical and practical advices helped me to stood up on the board on my very first day.
My first tree days I stayed in a tepee which I absolutely recomend to try.
Also I had a great time exploring night life Lagos, which is a 15 min drive by taxi from Jah Shaka.
Overall.. camps vibe was so relaxed and everyone was so friendly I ll defineteley consider coming back again for my next vacation :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagos
Sagres Time Apartamentos
Tivoli Lagos Hotel
Tivoli Lagos Hotel
#14 of 51 in Lagos
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,884 reviews

Been to Jah Shaka Surf and Kite Lodge? Share your experiences!