“Horse riding”

Tiffany's Riding Centre
Ranked #52 of 105 Outdoor Activities in Lagos
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse riding for families, friends and individuals on well trained horses going out on guided tours into the local countryside.
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter and girlfriend had a great time. Very friendly people, gentle horses. Must visit for horselovers.

Date of experience: July 2017
in 8 reviews
"hat"
"equipment"

Reviewed 24 June 2017

My two children and I went here for a beginner's ride during our recent trip to Portugal. No one introduced themselves, and the woman who was teaching (or commanding) us just yelled instructions at us in a very gruff manner before sending us off on an hour-long ride with two young guides who maybe said five words to us the whole time. It was stressful and not fun. I would not recommend.

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank maryvanb
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

The horses and equipment were in excellent shape and my friend who started with the 20 minutes instruction was well taken care of. We went for a 1 hr trail ride in the beautiful landscape and the horses easily found their way on the rather stony paths. However, I have to admit that I didn't feel welcomed at the riding Centre. Nobody introduced themselves to us and the overall tone was rather harsh. We found ourselves standing around in the barn and nobody really wanted to deal with us besides a very motivated and friendly intern who tried her best. A second intern, however, almost yelled at me when I climbed off my horse after the trail ride while she was helping my (beginner level) friend. We have our own barn and horses at home and I have been competing at the biggest horse shows all over the world. I definitely understand that every barn has its own rules - but sometimes it's just about how to explain those rules and talk to people in general.

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank GentleAmy
Reviewed 24 April 2017

My husband and I did an hour trail ride here, and had a wonderful time. Tiffany’s stables are easy to find on the N125, and there is a blue sign indicating the turning into the yard. The horses all look happy, healthy and well-fed. My husband had never sat on a horse before, however, following an excellent 20minute 1-2-1 lesson with Tiffany, who gave him some superb instruction, he was competent enough to come out on a hack with me. Our horses were perfectly matched for our different riding abilities, and were both calm and lovely natured. Brooke, a young lady from the US who is currently on a working holiday at Tiffany’s, took us out on the trail and was an excellent guide. She was constantly checking to make sure we were OK, and was also knowledgeable about the local fauna and flora. It was a wonderful way to explore the countryside. I highly recommend a visit here.

Date of experience: April 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

My husband gave me a session at Tiffany's Riding Centre as a birthday gift at my request. He is a non-rider and I am a novice and we are both in our 60's. We took a lovely 3 hour ride with guide Deborah. She and her sister were very attentive to our safety and comfort and gave my husband some direction as we began. Deborah provided an on-going commentary of the plants and towns around us as we rode which was most informative. The terrain was quite hilly and we even rode in a river prior to returning to the centre. We had many adventures and at no time did I feel in danger. My horse, Turquoise was a lovely Portuguese Warmblood that was generally easy going and my husband's horse was equally well matched to his ability. I would recommend this venue to others, but in hindsight suggest that for a senior a 1 or 2 hour trail ride might be more appropriate.
Marilyn Johnston