“Favourite Place to go Horse Riding”

QPA Horse Riding Centre
Ranked #36 of 71 Tours in Lagos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Cork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Favourite Place to go Horse Riding”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I go to the Algarve every summer and I never fail to visit QPA. The combination of fun horses, experienced guides and stunning scenery is unbeatable and I always get back after a trek with a smile on my face. As an experienced rider I take advantage of the longer rides, such as the day long restaurant ride where you stop for a delicious lunch in the heart of the Portuguese countryside; but you can take a shorter ride on one of the trusty steeds through the beautiful 'Ippy Dippy' for an hour or two. The horses are well cared for and all have an individual character which I love- I cannot wait to get back there this year!

Visited September 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Place”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely hack today. I rode Ruby and she was beautiful. She even cooled me off as well when we got back to the river

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jollops
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great riding and so friendly and accessible from Lagos or stay?”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

we stayed on site at QPA over four days and experienced a short hour ride, a 3 hour restaurant ride ( the food was amazing) and a 2 day stop over ride so a little bit of everything. In a friendly and organised way they cater for experienced riders wanting forward and responsive horses and variety of riding like ourselves to hour rides for the beginner wanted to experience something a bit different on holiday. They also give lessons, have regular commitments to Riding for the Disabled and have riding for the younger local children at weekends. The horses are well looked after and safety of the horse and rider is important. The rides show you a little bit of Western Algarve that you don't see from a car or staying by the beach. We combined the 4 days at QPA with a 7 day stay in Lagos.
If you are an experienced rider and fancy in addition to staying at QPA a 2 day ride to explore the Western Algarve a bit further with an overnight stay at Henrik's and Debra's and then a morning gallop on the beach then I would definitely recommend it or any of the rides offered at QPA. Jinny and her team will be happy to tailor make your trip or ride to suit your needs .
We are hoping to return soon.

Visited June 2013
Lee, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous Riding Available at QPA”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Me and my 3 children aged between 9 and 16 have had some fabulous rides here during our last two holidays in Lagos. Me and the older two children are experienced riders and enjoyed wonderful 2 hour rides in the Algarve countryside. No roadwork anywhere and long tracks suitable for cantering and some galloping. Way better than the riding at our local riding school! We loved the horses and all asked for our favourite horses to ride which we were given. My youngest child had a pony ride which she also loved and helped groom her pony. We finished with a swim in the pool which made the whole experience just perfect. I highly recommend this riding school, it’s the highlight of our holidays in the Algarve and we hope to do some of the more adventurous rides once the youngest is a little more confident. The owners are very friendly and arranged the rides as we wanted them. The horses are all fit and healthy and the swimming pool is very clean. Although riding is an expensive hobby we feel riding here has been worth every penny for the memories!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Helen A
Durham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Fantastic riding in the algarve countryside”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

QPA is a great place to ride! The horses are lovely and the guides are friendly, knowledgeable and experienced. Both the horses and the guides take good care of you, making every ride a great experience.

I've been on their short rides, had lessons, and even done their 4 day West Coast ride which is amazing!

If you're only here for a few days, I'd recommend their restaurant ride, both for the beautiful countryside and the stunning lunch!

If you have a bit longer, and you are an experienced rider, ask about their west coast stopover!

Visited March 2012