“Two day stop over”

Laindon Essex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Two day stop over”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Just got back from QPA riding school where I did the West coast stop over and local riding on the first day. The horses were well behaved but still had plenty of spirit the Gallop along the west coast beach probably the highlight.
Looking at the other reviews I had quite high expectations but these were exceeded, will book again next year

Visited November 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice and quiet hack”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I recently had a ride at the QPA riding school. The contact with Jinny was very good and the girls were all really friendly and chatty. I would recommend going for a couple of hours hack as we only did an hour and I don t think we truly experienced the true Portuguese countryside, entirely my fault. The horses were great no problems at all.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank morky1
Clifton, Uk
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Absolutely lovely”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Really positive experience from making the first enquiry right through to the ride itself.
I found Jinnie really helpful when she answered my initial enquiry email about a ride for myself and 10 year old daughter during our holiday to Lagos. Further emails from her were chatty, informative and prompt and reassured me that QPA is an well run, trustworthy establishment.
As we drove up the lane to the centre I was further reassured as I saw lots of healthy, well groomed horses happily grazing in fields.
We then met Kat who was our trek leader, she was really friendly and spoke excellent English and mounted our horses Maggie and Millie, both beautifully groomed.
We enjoyed a really lovely 2 hour ride through the countryside on very well behaved but willing and capable horses. Kat was constantly checking on our well being and had lots of information about the areas we were riding through. My daughter became a little nervous on one particularly long and open canter as she felt her horse was a little too strong and fast, Kat picked up on this straight way and slowed the pace, reassured my daughter, gave her some little tips and got her cantering again with a little encouragement. Kat is a great trek leader.
We both had a fab time and would love to ride again on a future visit to the area.
My husband (non-rider) whiled away a couple of very pleasant hours by the pool at the centre too!
Highly recommended, have already urged two friends who are going to The Algarve later this year to give it a go.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank imeh
Cork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Favourite Place to go Horse Riding”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I go to the Algarve every summer and I never fail to visit QPA. The combination of fun horses, experienced guides and stunning scenery is unbeatable and I always get back after a trek with a smile on my face. As an experienced rider I take advantage of the longer rides, such as the day long restaurant ride where you stop for a delicious lunch in the heart of the Portuguese countryside; but you can take a shorter ride on one of the trusty steeds through the beautiful 'Ippy Dippy' for an hour or two. The horses are well cared for and all have an individual character which I love- I cannot wait to get back there this year!

Visited September 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Place”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely hack today. I rode Ruby and she was beautiful. She even cooled me off as well when we got back to the river

Visited July 2013