“If you don't go you haven't lived”

QPA Horse Riding Centre
Ranked #36 of 71 Tours in Lagos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Well your team is nothing short of amazing. We have just returned from our wonderful one hack (this was not long enough) On arrival Robin sorted our head wear, then we were introduced to Sue, Sophie our daughter was instantly terrified of the dogs and then of her horse visibly shaking Sue took Sophie to one side taking precious time in making her feel comfortable after a bit of walking up and down the yard Sue made the decision to try her on a smaller pony 'Penny' and that she would take Sophie on the rein. Sophie relaxed and enjoyed her time, so much so she is talking of joining Sue one summer to help with the looking after of the horses. My husband has fulfilled an ambition of horse riding and has rekindled my desire to spend more time with horses, we are returning to Portugal in October and we will be signing up for the beginners course. Thank you Jinny for your wonderful team, big hugs and kisses to Sue, Robin and all the girls.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

A professionally run establishment with great staff and wonderful trails to ride on. There's even a swimming pool for a swim afterwards. To appreciate the scenery take a minimum of a 2 hour ride - you will find 1 hour will be too short. Relax and enjoy the Portuguese countryside. If you love trail riding, then this is a must do when visiting the district of Algarve. I am an experienced rider but there are trails to suit everyone.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Easy to get to on public transport from Lagos (15 minute ride on Bensafrim bus route - Get off Fronteira sign on, then follow the QPA signs - an easy walk). This is a very professionally run riding centre with friendly and experienced staff who take good care of the horses. Two hours trail riding passes very quickly ... times flies when you're having fun. There are numerous tracks through the hills and valleys to ride through. There is variety here, if you were to visit more than once or stay for a few days. I am an experienced rider who had a great time. The Portuguese scenery is great. I highly recommend this to others. It doesn't get much better than this.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Just got back from QPA riding school where I did the West coast stop over and local riding on the first day. The horses were well behaved but still had plenty of spirit the Gallop along the west coast beach probably the highlight.
Looking at the other reviews I had quite high expectations but these were exceeded, will book again next year

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I recently had a ride at the QPA riding school. The contact with Jinny was very good and the girls were all really friendly and chatty. I would recommend going for a couple of hours hack as we only did an hour and I don t think we truly experienced the true Portuguese countryside, entirely my fault. The horses were great no problems at all.

2  Thank morky1