Arrived at Canavial earlier this month for a 7 night stay. On arrival we were greeted by a very warm welcome, and had local beaches, restaurants and bars pointed out on a map for us with directions on how to get there by walking or car and how long it would take. We were then asked by the gentleman if we would like a car and we decided we would like to rent a motorbike, this was a very quick phone call away and within just a few hours of being in Portugal we had a motorbike for the week for a reasonable 100 euros.
After being shown to our room and the pool and around the grounds, we were left to enjoy our week peacefully however the staff were on hand easily if we needed any help with a ring of the bell at reception. My girlfriend was ill one night and was sick in bed, and the covers were changed for her the next day with no extra charge and it didn't seem like any extra trouble for the friendly maids.
On the day of our departure we told the manager we had to check out of the apartments at 2.30am (at this point there is usually nobody on the desk which is why we asked) and the manager said that if nobody was there we were fine to leave the key at the desk. When we were leaving however he was still about and stayed up to wave us off which was a really nice touch. Would definitely recommend a stay at these apartments, as would my girlfriend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The complex is formed by two small blocks of studios situated in a quiet area, close to the sea. Canavial I & II Apartments offers guests two swimming pools for adults and a sun terrace. Sun loungers and parasols are available at no extra charge. There is free wireless Internet access and free parking and a large terrace next to the gardens. Hotel location description The small studio complex is situated in a prime location 600 m away from Porto de Mos beach and close to the other beaches, such as Dona Ana beach (1.5 km) and the famous Ponta da Piedade (2 km). The picturesque historic centre of Lagos (2.5 km) can be easily reached by public transport (bus stop 300 m away), and is around 80 km to Faro Airport. Room description The “Studios 2 Adults” may comprise twin beds or a double bed, a cot or a camp bed (suitable for children aged 1-12) and private bathroom, hairdryer, a kitchenette, fridge, individually regulated air conditioning and safety box (extra charge). There are garden views from the balcony or terrace.”Studios 3 Adults” has capacity for 3 adults. All studios have Internet access, a bath or shower, a 2-ring cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, tea/coffee maker, satellite and local TV. Comments from hotel The reception is open 9 am to 7 pm. Guests arriving outside these times should please advise the establishment of their estimated arrival time by calling (351) 919259132. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Canavial I & II Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canavial Apartments Lagos
- Canavial Apartments Hotel Lagos