After weeks of me and two mates pulling hair out over booking somewhere last minute, we saw a cancellation had come up at this set of combined villas, and chanced a booking.
What a result!
Every element of the experience was terrific.
Really hospitable and charming staff who were forthcoming with free lifts to the local supermarket, advice on where to go, readily on hand to book things for us, and even some unhelpful banter about sun burn :)
The apartment itself was very generous in space for the three of us sharing. 3 single beds as requested, well spaced apart and all comfortable. A very nice kitchen area with hobs, fridge, freezer shelf, microwave, kettle, toaster, and cutlery and crockery. Decent bathroom with bath and shower (good and powerful).
Lovely patio area overlooking the clean, warm and perfectly sized pool.
And the biggest pro that this place really sells itself short on is the immediate access to an awesome beach! A 6 minute walk and you are on a wonderful cove beach with ample room and nice snorkeling. I would argue far nicer than the beach on Lagos main strip, and because its away from the town, its almost private!
In terms of getting to town, it is easily walkable - 25 mins if youre fit, 45 at a very very very casual pace (or subdued by Sangria).
Go there, enjoy the place and the very courteous staff, and have a great time.
Best wishes, Mike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The complex is formed by two small blocks of studios situated in a quiet area, close to the sea. Canavial I & II Apartments offers guests two swimming pools for adults and a sun terrace. Sun loungers and parasols are available at no extra charge. There is free wireless Internet access and free parking and a large terrace next to the gardens. Hotel location description The small studio complex is situated in a prime location 600 m away from Porto de Mos beach and close to the other beaches, such as Dona Ana beach (1.5 km) and the famous Ponta da Piedade (2 km). The picturesque historic centre of Lagos (2.5 km) can be easily reached by public transport (bus stop 300 m away), and is around 80 km to Faro Airport. Room description The “Studios 2 Adults” may comprise twin beds or a double bed, a cot or a camp bed (suitable for children aged 1-12) and private bathroom, hairdryer, a kitchenette, fridge, individually regulated air conditioning and safety box (extra charge). There are garden views from the balcony or terrace.”Studios 3 Adults” has capacity for 3 adults. All studios have Internet access, a bath or shower, a 2-ring cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, tea/coffee maker, satellite and local TV. Comments from hotel The reception is open 9 am to 7 pm. Guests arriving outside these times should please advise the establishment of their estimated arrival time by calling (351) 919259132. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Canavial I & II Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canavial Apartments Lagos
- Canavial Apartments Hotel Lagos