My family are just back from a two week stay at Canavial, and I would like to endorse the previous positive reviews.
On our arrival, we were given a map of the location and we were shown absolutely any place locally that we might wish to go to. The owner also brought us to the apartment which was across the road in Canavial II. He then showed us all the room had to offer, including the air conditioning which was very welcome during our second week. The room had three beds, a large flat screen TV, Air con, fridge, two cooking rings, and en suite bathroom.
The place was spotless, was cleaned daily by the friendly, and hard working house keeping staff, towels were changed every second day, and bed linen changed once a week.
Grass was cut during our stay and the pool was cleaned twice also. The pool was literally outside our apartment, and was very welcome in the hot weather. The apartments also had sun lounger cushions for each guest, and also small parasols if you wanted them for the beach.
WIFI worked well throughout, and was a God - send for our teenage son.
The owers were on hand at all times, and this place is very well run. Any queries were dealt with promptly, and with no fuss. Guests at the apartments varied - from us, who stayed two weeks, to those who stayed just one or two nights. As soon as guests left, the apartments were immediately cleaned, and ready for the new arrivals. It must be very popular, as I can only recall one of the apartments being vacant overnight. The location is very quiet, and perfect for a relaxing holiday. It is close to Praia De Porto de Mos beach which is about 10 minutes walk away. It is down a steep hill, which is fine going down, but a fair climb coming back up. Certainly not a walk for older people! However, I noticed a public bus stop at the beach for which a bus ran every hour, and could drop people at a bus stop about 5 minutes from the apartments.
Porto de Mos beach was superb. There are two restaurants on it, Antonio's and Campimar, and both are fine.
The apartments are about 20/25 minutes walk from the centre of Lagos, but a taxi can be ordered from reception. The cost of a daytime taxi was €5, and at night time it was closer to €6.
A number of shops were close by. We went the the Super Rotunda shop (at the roundabout!) which was about 10 minutes walk away. The owner will show you the location of the shops on the map. Lidl and Intermarché supermarkets were also in the town, but a good distance away when walking (as we found out!!)
Car hire could be useful but not essential.
The apartments were great value, and like previous posters, I would have no hesitation in recommending it to others. It is perfect for a relaxing and peaceful holiday. Just go there and enjoy it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The complex is formed by two small blocks of studios situated in a quiet area, close to the sea. Canavial I & II Apartments offers guests two swimming pools for adults and a sun terrace. Sun loungers and parasols are available at no extra charge. There is free wireless Internet access and free parking and a large terrace next to the gardens. Hotel location description The small studio complex is situated in a prime location 600 m away from Porto de Mos beach and close to the other beaches, such as Dona Ana beach (1.5 km) and the famous Ponta da Piedade (2 km). The picturesque historic centre of Lagos (2.5 km) can be easily reached by public transport (bus stop 300 m away), and is around 80 km to Faro Airport. Room description The “Studios 2 Adults” may comprise twin beds or a double bed, a cot or a camp bed (suitable for children aged 1-12) and private bathroom, hairdryer, a kitchenette, fridge, individually regulated air conditioning and safety box (extra charge). There are garden views from the balcony or terrace.”Studios 3 Adults” has capacity for 3 adults. All studios have Internet access, a bath or shower, a 2-ring cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, tea/coffee maker, satellite and local TV. Comments from hotel The reception is open 9 am to 7 pm. Guests arriving outside these times should please advise the establishment of their estimated arrival time by calling (351) 919259132. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Canavial I & II Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canavial Apartments Lagos
- Canavial Apartments Hotel Lagos