The Carvi is a wonderful hotel made wonderful by its staff. After so many bad experiences with other places, even the smallest faults at this hotel could be overlooked, because of its smiling customer service. The only heads up I would give you is there is no mini fridge, which after having paid for a balcony with sea room, would have been nice to have some cold drinks and water ready for the evenings. We learned you could just ask for an ice bucket and ice and it did the job.
Side note tips.
1. Girls, don't bring wedges, Lagos is very 'hippy chic' and the cobblestone to and from the hotel will slow you down.
2. you can get a bus from faro airport to train station at 2 pounds (which come hourly) but taxi is a tenner, its also only a tenner from lagos train to hotel though once you get your bearings its an easy walk if you have suitcases with wheels!
3. Check out Praia de Luz beach.. again a tenner each way but if you are doing watersports, the prices you save at this beach will make up for the cab fare, plus the guys are an amazing help and the sand beach is gorgeous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most beautiful beaches on the Algarve coast, south of Portugal, is the Carvi Beach Hotel. Lagos, a city with more than 2.000 years of history, like many coastal towns in Portugal, Lagos has a special relation with the sea that is firmly established in history, culture, architecture and gastronomic patrimony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TravelUp and Booking.com so you can book your Carvi Hotel Lagos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagos Carvi Hotel
- Sol e Praia Lagos