“Best place to stay if you are travellers”
Review of Big Chill Hostel

and 1 more site!
Big Chill Hostel
Ranked #46 of 133 Speciality Lodging in Lagos
London, United Kingdom
“Best place to stay if you are travellers”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hostel made our trip to Lagos! Not only is it located right beside by one of the most beautiful beaches ever, it's the perfect distance from town - only a 10 min walk so you can have the best of both worlds, a quiet night if you want or a rager if that's what you are in to. The hostel is nice and clean and has a few kitchens which is a bonus, also has a hot tub! Also want to mention Lee, this guy was awesome! He makes you feel welcome as soon as you arrive, hes really informative about the town, he's great to have a laugh and a drink with and he makes sure your stay is a fun time. We were only there 3 nights and on one night he organised a group BBQ so it was a good way to be social and meet other travellers and on another night he organised hostel beer pong and a pub crawl which was great fun.. Cheers Lee! Our overall stay at the Big Chill was awesome and will definitely be going back there!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The basic principles of running a hostel were missing. Poor cleanliness in toilets, overall organization of stuff in kitchen, hallway..for the price not worth it. I would agree that u will get good young crowd to enjoy and chill.. but if the basic stuff is not set right it doesn't help to live in such a hostel.

• Stayed July 2014
Paris, France
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Came for a few days, stayed more than three weeks. This hostel is as social, friendly and relaxed as it can possibly be. Located in a close proximity to Praia Donna Ana, it takes only a short few minutes to walk to town. Portuguese Lagos as its best.
I am a mature traveler, still felt relaxed and welcome between other residents.
Lee, you are very good at running this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is by far my favourite hostel in all of Portugal ! Initially I planned on staying just for 2 nights, but I ended up staying for 10; indeed, THAT is how awesome it was. The best thing about the hostel is probably the general vibe; everyone is super relaxed and Lee makes sure that everyone feels right at home.
Another major contributor to the experience is the Hot tub, were you can spend an infinite amount of time relaxing, drinking, and chatting with fellow travelers. Apart from that, everything is clean and very well taken care of, and the location of the hostel is just perfect; you can almost roll out of bed and into the see in one move! Awesome experience and I will definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lars N
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was one of the best experiences I've had so far. I wasn't expecting much seeing as it didn't look like a hostel. Me and my girlfriend were travelling as I was on a football trial with a few teams and had a 3 day break and decided to visit Lagos last minute. Lee took us in and put us in a room in under 10 minutes. I didn't have cash on me as I spent it on getting to Lagos but they told me to get relaxed and directed me to an ATM and told me pay when ever I can. The rooms were super clean and everyone there was so friendly and welcoming. They have 2 kitchens with everything you need to make a meal. The beach beside the Hostel was voted best beach in the world in 2012, so the location is ideal. I was very upset leaving the place as it felt like home. They sent us away with a big hug and I hope to come visit them again some day. 120% recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This was my 2nd time of visiting this hostel. I came 2 years ago and initially booked for 2 nights because of the location. I ended up staying 9 nights, everything about this hostel is great. The atmosphere is set straight away by Lee. He is friendly, has experience of backpacking so he take the edge off people meeting for the first time. Everyone I met there wanted to stay a few days more. It's by far the best place I've been to. The beach is literally 2mins away, the hostel is clean, spacious, has two kitchens for the dorm rooms, a BBQ area and best of all a hot tub, on the roof top. The relaxed atmosphere makes everyone comfortable and Lee definitely adds extra value on to the trip. Awesome place amazing people.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Emma W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at this hostel last week and had a wonderful time there. The hostel is right next to one of the most amazing beaches I have ever been to and is a walkable distance from the historic city centre. The hostel rooms and other facilities were clean and spacious. The best thing about this hostel was its social and laid-back vibe. The common room has huge bean bag chairs, books, music, and movies so there is never a shortage of stuff to do if you wanted to stay in and relax for a few hours. Finally, our experience would not have been the same without Lee who is hilarious, helpful, and an absolute delight to hang out with!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends