Big Chill Beach Hostel & Guesthouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
All reviewsbeautiful beachbeachesfacilitiesricardotown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I travelled a lot through Europe and trust me when I say this is one of the best hostel I have ever been to! Here you are not a guest, here you are a mate! You are supposed to know everyone in this hostel because they live like a family! Very close from the best beaches in Lagos, so you have a good position. As I wrote before the staff is super! They are always ready to help you and they organize a lot of activities! Very good cleaning condition as well, so what do you need more? I would love to stay at big chill again once I will come back to lagos.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This a great hostel!. It has amazing staff, an awesome atmosphere and is located right across from one of the worlds most beautiful beaches. I would highly recommend for anyone to stay here and I can't wait to return myself!!.

Room Tip: I stayed here just before peak season so I was lucky enough to get a room to myself. But any room in this hostel is pretty good as there is something for everyone whether it be a private room, larger dorms or female only (you can't go wrong).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Big Chill was an excellent hostel, one of my favourites from my 14 weeks traveling through Europe for sure. Though it is not in the absolute center, it is extremely close (5-10 minutes) and is even closer to the beaches which was nicer in my opinion. The facilities were clean, there are two kitchens, and lots of space to hangout at the hostel, including a back patio that has a bbq. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is great as well. I made some really great friends while staying here, and the hostel made my trip in Lagos so much better.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 10 bed dorm, it was really great for meeting people, and there is lots of space for all your bags as well as individual lockers for important belongings.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Really really enjoyed this place! The atmosphere was great, and the location, while a bit far out of the town, was right near an excellent beach. The first night I was there, everyone in the hostel made dinner together and then we spent the evening hanging out in the common room and playing board games, and then the second night we all went on a pub crawl in Lagos together. I would especially recommend this place to solo travelers - very easy to meet people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We had the best time at the big chill! It was a perfect hostel for meeting other travelers. Leigh showed us such great hospitality. We had a huge BBQ quite a few nights with all the guests getting involved. The spa on the rooftop was fantastic. We loved being so close to the beach too. The cliff top walks are incredible. We loved the fun times we had and the friends we made. Really enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: May 2014