“One of my favorite hostels!”
Review of The Shelter Lagos

The Shelter Lagos
Ranked #18 of 134 Speciality Lodging in Lagos
“One of my favorite hostels!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

You have to stay here!
This place feels like a friends house with a great atmosphere! The women who run the place are amazing and very friendly. They invited me out for dinner as soon as I arrived, and we all had a good time.
The breakfast is amazing! And it's included with your booking.
The ladies who work there are very helpful with anything you need (looking up bus/train schedules, surfing/kayaking tours, ect.) so don't be afraid to ask!
The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and it's in a nice neighborhood close to everything. I was referred to this place by someone I met along my travels. New owners of this hostel with very few review but its a great place! And I'm glad I stayed there. Thank you for everything ladies!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jesse9215

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Everything about this place is awesome! The rooms, the location, the staff (the staff really puts the top to the notch here) the surfschool, the breakfast,the guests, everything really is amazing! Gotta love it! I will always return!

1 Thank liendea
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a truly amazing stay at Shelter Hostel. The girls who run it felt like family after just two days and we even extended our visit by one night so that we could spend more time with them!! The house is very cozy and clean. The (free!!) breakfast is delicious and different every morning. Amazing baked goods and cooking. If you are there on a Friday you can join the sister hostel for an awesome BBQ and night out on the town. It was hands down the best experience we have had at a hostel and we can't wait to go back one day! If you are visiting Lagos this is the place to stay! Also, do the kayak tour!! It's awesome.

1 Thank AnnikaMcGivern
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It sounds like these reviews are exaggerating a bit, but I assure you they are not - this is the best hostel I have stayed in, and I've been traveling for a long time. The girls who run it are amazing. They are responsive, accommodating, know where to party, and make the best breakfasts ever (incl. in hostel price). They are also just lovely people, make you feel at home immediately. I was sad to leave this place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AlekChakroff
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Probably one of the best places in the world ;) Amazing location, very close to Lagos old town, beaches, but still in a really quiet and calm little street. The hostel is really a home (i forgot what my place looked like after just a week there). The atmosphere is just what one needs at a holiday like mine. The girls running the place were super friendly and welcoming from the moment I booked my stay till the last day. Each day was just lovely - you wake up to music and fresh breakfast and then it's a perfect mix of fun, activities (surfing in my case but also kayaking and stuff) and relax. As I was traveling alone it felt like girls where making sure I had good time.

Also the algarve surf school is awesome - all instructors were really helpful and encouraging, seemed they were happy with every wave the students caught. I really can't say a single bad word about the whole experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Zuzia K
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and it's in a great location. The breakfast girl Carla does a great job, amazing food. Tania and Wendy make you feel so welcome and look after you so well you won't ever want to leave. Definitely recommend this hostel to everyone travelling to Lagos.

1 Thank Eliza M
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Best hostel I have ever been to very welcoming and homey staff are nice and can help you out with anything you need, everything is clean and always kept tidy, in the morning they cook a excellent buffet style breakfast with plenty to eat and different types of juices coffee and tee I defiantly recommend staying here if you are looking for a welcoming home style hostel that's not just a party mad house, a place where you can get a good night sleep and feel at home

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple