“Amazing!”
Review of The Shelter Lagos

The Shelter Lagos
Ranked #22 of 138 Speciality Lodging in Lagos
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had such an amazing time here. Definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed at by far. Super fun vibe. Shared the double room with a girlfriend, very comfortable..big closet and spacious room! Room and bathroom were also very clean. Staff, Tania and Wendy, were so lovely, very helpful and informative! They recommended one of the best restaurants I ate at during my entire time in Europe! They also organized a kayak trip for us! Very quick walk to the center of town and to the beach. On my last day, Wendy even gave me a ride to the train station! I would 100% recommend staying here!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I've been travelling across the world almost always staying in hostels and this by FAR was one of the Best hostels I have ever stayed in.
The crew at the Shelter have great local knowledge for: surfing, kayak tours, surrounding towns and the whole Algarve.
And if you want to go on one of the most legendary party boat trips ever, The Shelter Lagos will definately have you covered!!
Staff are amazing and that's what really makes the place so be kind to them they really are Awesome and get yourself to "The Shelter Lagos!!!"
Rusty, Australia/UK

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Best hostel I have stayed in through Europe!
Tania, Wendy, Linda & Elin are so welcoming and friendly!
It was just like hanging at a mates house... Perfect after a boozy night in Lagos!
And make sure your on the next Boat Party!

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The Shelter is such a great place to stay.. Not only does it serve amazing breakfast, it is immaculately clean and close to the beach BUT the atmosphere in this place is what makes it so great. Tania and Wendy are THE BEST hosts you will ever come across and all the other staff are so friendly and welcoming. I recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Staying at Shelter is more like staying at a friends house than at a hostel. We got in very late after a long bus ride and Tania met us with a smile. She even fed us scones as we had missed supper. The breakfast cooked by fabulous Linda is by far the best breakfast any of us had had at a hostel. She whips up amazing fresh home made recipes every morning. Wendy is also fab, and always made sure we had everything we needed. We were also lucky enough to be there for their first boat party (which was a freaking blast). Our whole group loved Lagos (and hope to visit again) and Shelter played a huge role in that. Thank you ladies for the short but sweet stay!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The shelter is an excellent hostel where you're made to feel like family and this is down to the excellent staff who put their heart into the place. I was only there for three nights but in such a short amount of time I was made to feel extremely welcome and my only regret is I wasn't there longer. Brilliant location excellent people and couldn't recommend it any higher.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

One of the best hostel i've stayed in portugal.
The crew there is super sweet and fun. They make you feel right at home. Great location near some sweet beaches and the historic center. Will definitely recommend to my friends and other travelers looking for a chill place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo