“A good experience”

and up
Kayak and Snorkel Trip in Lagos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Algarve region of Portugal is an ideal location for holidaymakers to spend a weekend or holiday. Kayaking and snorkeling are two of the most popular activities in this beach-abundant area of the world. We paddle with kayak lovers out on a stretch of the Atlantic Ocean, allowing you to fully appreciate the beauty of the scenery around you. This section of Portugal is famous for its ancient caves and grottoes, and we allow you and your fellow travellers to explore these wonders firsthand. You will be able to paddle through fascinating rock formations, observing their every detail in a way that would be impossible if you were travelling on a boat.  On the beach we provide snorkel equipment to make your Kayak & Snorkel Trip an even better experience. There is no rush, we normally stay at least half an hour at the beach swimming, snorkeling, relaxing and chatting. Whether you’re an experienced kayaker or are new to paddling, we encourage you to join in on our kayak adventures. An experienced guide leads every group excursion and will be glad to keep an eye on you and answer any questions you may have. The guide is well up to date with the local wind, tidal and current conditions.
Cumbria, United Kingdom
270 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 311 helpful votes
“A good experience”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I wasn’t too sure about this as I can easily get sea sick but I thought I’d give it a go as my boyfriend really wanted to do it. We’d found out about it on the internet and as we weren’t staying in Lagos we had to fill in a booking form online and pay on the day whereas I think you can book and pay in advance if your in Lagos. The trip was advertised at 3 hours for 25 euros each. All the kayaks were double which meant if there were an odd number in your group you had to share with someone you didn’t know. We were allowed to store anything in their van, such as clothes and shoes, and we were given a waterproof bag for any valuables. You definitely get wet so id recommend bare feet and your swimwear under your shorts and top. We were given our life jackets and a safety briefing and then shown how to use a kayak. We were split into two groups, with a guide for each group. Both guides were English. There was also a small support boat that would follow us for anyone that got tired or felt sick. We set of in the water and were taken to some caves and rocks and given a description of what they were. Some caves were tiny and you really had to squeeze through the gaps, but it was worth it once you were inside. For someone who doesn’t really do much exercise, I didn’t find it too difficult rowing. My shoulder started to ache for a while but it soon disapeared (the ache, not my shoulder!). After a while we stopped at a beach which was only accessible by kayak. They had brought some snorkelling equipment with them so you could have a go at that if you wished. We stayed here about 30 minutes. We were then told where we would be going next. We were also told that it was likely we would have to be towed back by the boat as the wind had picked up to much for us to kayak back. We went on to look at some more rocks and caves and then set off back. We got back to the secluded beach and were told we would indeed be getting a tow back so would have to wait for the boat to come back from towing the first group. When we getting towed back, I didn’t realise just how far we’d kayaked! It must of taken about 10 minutes to be towed back and we got back right on the 3 hour mark so I don’t know what time we would have got back had we not been towed! I’m glad I did the kayaking, but would probably not do it again as I think 3 hours was a bit too long and also the route we took was full of other kayak tours and lots of boats so it was very busy. My boyfriend enjoyed it though and I’d probably recommend it to folk for the experience. Oh and I didn’t feel sick at all!!!

Visited June 2013
4 Thank acs1984

Decatur, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Best attraction in Lagos for €25! We did the three-hour grotto tour in the morning. Decent SOT tandem kayaks, just enough instruction to make it safe and fun. Our guide, Claudio, was knowledgable, charming and energetic. 100% safe the whole way. Paddled 90 minutes through rock gardens and caves...stopped on a beach for some snorkeling and exploration for half an hour, then back to "Potato Beach."

Outstanding scenery and coastline. Heartily recommended!

Visited May 2013