“Don't Look Elsewhere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 132 Speciality Lodging in Lagos
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Don't Look Elsewhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is the hostel to stay at. Besides an incredible location, facilities, view, value, and decor, the environment was exceptional. Filipa treated all 8 of us like old friends, and went beyond the call of duty to make us feel welcome. She loves what she does and it's infectious.

The hippest hostel I've stayed at. Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

My boyfriend and I had a fantastic stay at Taghostel in October. We were there for 3 nights and wish it had been more! Filipa and co were amazing and make a big difference to your stay - so friendly, always have lots of great advice and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. It was my birthday when we were there and my boyfriend got me a selection of cakes and they waited until he surprised me with them to give me hugs for my birthday! When we were asking them about local dishes etc, they even invited us to join in their homemade Sunday lunch of Feijoada - delicious! The facilities are lovely, as it is a relatively new hostel and they make your beds every day, which is a nice treat. There aren't any locks on the doors as mentioned by others, but there is a large locker for each bed in the room so your personal items are always safe. Going in October was the perfect time to avoid the madness and have a relaxing time in beautiful Lagos - in. Are you can't tell I loved it, had the best birthday ever and want to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Perfect place to explore the nightlife of Lagos, however NOT a party hostel! Try to get a room facing the backyard. Very clean as it is run by a woman, they provide towles and a great breakfast.

Note: city beaches are very, very, very crowded!

NEGATIVE: no free parking around (10 mins walk away), wifi only in the main area, double rooms are not lockable

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the backyard
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I absolutely loved this hostel. From the moment I walked in, to the moment I left I had a positive experience. The hostel is beautifully decorated, comfortable, clean. It is in a great location - near to bars and the beach. The staff is excellent! They are super friendly, helpful and just fun people to chat with. I was really sad to go because I enjoyed my time there so much. The wifi isn't great but that seems to be the case in much of Lagos. I've already recommended it to friends and will definitely be back. One of my favourite hostel experiences ever!

• Stayed October 2013
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Wow, what a great hostel! Just opened this summer, but already a superb atmosphere. A home away from home. It is a very relaxing hostel, do not go here if you are into party all night! The rooms are very cleans, beds are made every day! The breakfast was included and very well organized. Upon arrival you receive a great explenation about Lagos and during your stay you can ask all your questions and you will receive great tips. Verry happy I went to Sagres, and the most South/Western point of Portugal. Amazing! Thanks a lot for this nice stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Filipa F, Proprietário at Lagos Taghostel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Hi Femke! Thank you very much for your review.
I´m glad that you enjoyed your stay at Taghostel with us. Our goal is that our guests feel at home. I hope to see you again. Cheers. Filipa.
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I loved every minute of my stay here.It is right in the center of Lagos and you are very close to the beach, the marina and the train/bus station. Everything is within walking distance. The owner Filipa makes you feel right at home and takes good care of all her guests. It felt like being part of a big family. Unlike in other hostels where you might feel alone because it is too crowded, here you connect to everyone and I loved having breakfast every morning at the big table and chatting with all the other guests. The rooms are all very beautiful, the bathrooms are very clean and the breakfast very yummy. I am definitely coming back for another visit. Best hostel I ever stayed in!

Room Tip: for girls I recommend the all girls attic but they also have mixed rooms if you are coming with frie...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo